GetYourGuide: Senior Data Scientist – Analytics
As a Senior Data Scientist for Analytics you will play a key role in generating impactful insights from our huge data lake changing the way how we run aspects of our business. You will work on problems such as the identification of potential growth drivers or customer loyalty.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Position: Senior Data Scientist - Analytics
With 400+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Data team's mission is to transform our vast amount of data into intelligent products and the best data-driven decisions. We work on a variety of problems as members of cross-functional mission teams. We focus on problems such as search relevance, personalization or marketing automation using cutting-edge algorithms and data infrastructure.
- Conduct data deep dives to identify new product opportunities and find root causes for trends observed in our data.
- Choose the right format and level of complexity for sharing your findings to influence the mission teams working on the particular domains of our business.
- Run experiments to prove that you can leverage growth with your insights.
- Specify your data needs to make our data lake as efficient as possible for your algorithms.
- Support the growth of a world-class data team by participating in recruiting, team building and mentoring.
- Machine Learning You apply regressors, classifiers, and clustering. You understand in detail how the ML models work, what are their strengths and weaknesses.
- Analytics You are able to transform data into wisdom. Your strong statistical background enables you to test hypotheses. You are proficient within an analytics tool (pandas, R) and with SQL. Experience with web analytics is a plus.
- Business Experience You applied the skills mentioned above in a business environment for 4+ years. A track record of result-driven work gives evidence of this.
- Academic Background You’ve learned in your master’s or PhD program how research works such that you can easily catch up with the newest scientific developments.
- Software Engineering You ideally have working knowledge on a modern programming language (Scala) and distributed systems (Spark).
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.
Top Stories Past 30 Days