Apple: Sr Software Engineer, Applied Machine Learning
Seeking an energetic senior software engineer to help us develop, improve, and expand our cutting edge platform to ensure that the performance of our machine learning environment is second-to-none.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Position: Sr Software Engineer, Applied Machine Learning
Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple lines of business we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and unleash business value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers. The Applied Machine Learning Team is looking for an energetic senior software engineer to help us develop, improve, and expand our cutting edge platform to ensure that the performance of our machine learning environment is second-to-none.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in Java.
- Solid understanding of Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HDFS, ORC and Presto
- Experience developing ETL solutions for clients in different domains dealing with various types of challenging data
- Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput applications.
- Extensive hands-on experience building solutions for large-scale data infrastructure
- Experience architecting distributed systems, concurrent programming, and coding data structures
- Excellent problem solving skills, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Understanding of JVM internals and garbage collection.
- Strong working knowledge of scripting languages like Python.
- Understanding of query algorithms and optimization.
- Solid mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning, statistics.
- Strong data-driven thinking.
Join Apple's Applied Machine Learning Team, as a Senior Software Engineer, to help build innovative software applications. Candidates should have development and implementation experience on large scale mission critical applications. The main responsibilities for this position include: Architecting innovative solutions while playing a hands-on development role to deliver products in a rapid and dynamic environment. Be involved in challenging and fast paced projects supporting Apple's business by delivering innovative solutions to given challenges. Develop tools to monitor system health, performance, and reliability. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, pro-active, and a solution-oriented individual.
BS in computer science with 7-10 years or MS plus 5-7 years experience or related experience.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|