Apple: Commerce Data Engineer – Apple Media Products
Seeking someone with a love for data. You will cleanse, process, compute and organize various mission-critical data sets, should have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems, and can architect innovative solutions.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Position: Commerce Data Engineer - Apple Media Products
The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team has a proud tradition of delivering state of the art products in a competitive marketplace. We seek to maintain a challenging and rewarding environment where the best engineers can collaborate and produce real-world improvements in customers' online experience. You will tackle problems unrivaled in scale and concept in the pursuit of new and creative features. We are seeking a talented, experienced Big Data Engineer to work on high visibility projects that affect millions of customers globally. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we are looking for you.
Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join this team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Strong knowledge of coding practices and experience.
- Deep understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Experience of object oriented programming languages like Scala/Java.
- Experience of processing large-scale production-level data sets.
- Experience working in a large code base.
- Experience of building and running large-scale data pipelines.
- Experience with large scale data processing frameworks like Spark/Hadoop.
- Experience with low-latency big data stores, e.g. Cassandra, Voldemort or HBase.
- Highly self-motivated, results driven and data driven.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team is looking for someone with a love for data. This position involves working on very large scale data sets. You will cleanse, process, compute and organize various mission-critical data sets. You should have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems while being able to iterate quickly on all stages of data understanding to solve the real-world problems. You need to architect innovative solutions while playing a hands-on role to deliver products in a rapid and dynamic environment. You also need to develop tools to monitor health, performance, and deployment of systems. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual.
A BS/MS/PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Conceive and design end to end solutions to support Apple's business units and initiatives.
- Work with business owners to map business requirements into technical solutions.
- Develop and implement solutions to fit business problem.
- Work in a cross-functional environment, to implement quality products that meet the business goals.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Top Stories Past 30 Days