CVS: Advisor, Retail Data Strategy Analytics
Seeking an Advisor, Retail Data Strategy Analytics, to lead requirements gathering, data analysis, end to end quality and user acceptance testing planning and coordination.
Location: Woonsocket, RI
Position: Advisor, Retail Data Strategy Analytics
This position will have a key role on the Retail Analytic and Data Strategy team! In this position, you will lead requirements gathering, data analysis, end to end quality and user acceptance testing planning and coordination. You will represent the data strategy team as business owner of final implementation of data integration projects with focus on Retail Pharmacy Data.
- Defining project scope based on the roadmap and work with IT to implement the data solutions;
- Providing end user support for our core subject domains in the Enterprise Data Warehouse and/or data lake;
- Working directly with internal and external customers in answering data and query inquiries as well as educating customers on the proper use of the data;
- Using your excellent problem solving skills to troubleshoot data issues and potential impacts. Solid organizational skills with focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
Minimum 5 years of analytical expertise within the healthcare industry along with experience in Data Analytics, Application Integration System Architecture of Large Data Warehouses, Information management strategy/data management strategy; Dimensional Modeling experience, Physical Database Design experience and creation of Semantic Layer.
Experience managing large projects and interaction with Business Users, Business and IT Leaders and IT technical staff. Experience working directly with business partners or clients in developing data use cases and business process mapping.
Data analysis and analytical skill, reporting tools experience (eg, Microstrategy or Tableau), strong SQL skills, working knowledge of at least one data lake access language including but not limited to Java, Python, Scala, etc. Analytical assessment experience to propose data roadmap for data lake and/or data warehouse depending on the business application as well as process improvements within existing systems. Experience in building analytical tools that support data scientists and/or the every-day business user and understanding the different data needs by end-user type.
- Possesses a basic understanding of development methodologies like waterfall and agile. A solid foundational knowledge of software development lifecycle a plus
- Possesses the ability to program in a variety of languages (Python, Java, Scala, SQL, SAS, R, VBA, etc.)
- Ability to effectively write, interpret, and debug SQL with a thorough understanding of the processing and storage quirks of the DBMS on which the code is being executed – ie, at least one of the following data management systems: Teradata, Oracle, MariaDB, SQLServer, etc.
- Ability to execute UAT strategy and requirements to meet business objectives
- Maintains appropriate documentation/comments in code and documents such as a data dictionary and/or ERD. Provides inputs into acceptance testing and is able to define and execute regression testing
- Has a thorough understanding of security needs and how to apply it at an application or data level. Capable of modifying existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Retail, retail pharmacy and/or PBM experience is a plus
BS in MIS/ Related Field, or Mathematics/Statistics or related field. MS or MBA preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAWand EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|