CVS: Director, Retail Data Strategy Analytics
Seeking a solid leader to help build out a new data strategy organization that is focused on retail pharmacy data assets at CVS Health.
Location: Woonsocket, RI
Position: Director, Retail Data Strategy Analytics
We are seeking a solid leader to help build out a new data strategy organization that is focused on retail pharmacy data assets at CVS Health. In this position, you will be responsible for leading a team of data engineers and data operation experts in providing analytic and data strategy for a portfolio of projects across CVS Retail Pharmacy. You will be the key liaison between IT and your business counterparts to ensure project outcomes improve our capability to deliver on CVS core philosophy: helping people on their path to better health.
As a Director, you will contribute by building out a data strategy roadmap and leading a portfolio of innovative projects that provide differentiated value for CVS Retail Pharmacy. One of the key focus areas for retail data strategy is to integrate multiple datasets across internal and external data sources, and data sources across retail line of businesses to drive integrated advanced analytics and reporting capabilities. You will bring your strong experience in building analytical tools to support analytic discovery projects and rapid prototyping that is focused on retail pharmacy datasets with a view to reducing the manual effort requiring multiple analysts across business areas to create reports and insights.
Strong healthcare and technical experience are needed to define common requirements across teams to standardize metrics and KPIs, define data gaps and data roadmap based on the business needs. Define project scope based on the roadmap and work with IT to implement the data solutions and work with business to deliver model outcomes and implementations, business intelligence tools/solutions that provide significant value to business teams. Provide oversight on managing and addressing operational data issues by establishing workarounds and/or bringing in cross-functional teams to solve the issues in timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 10+ years of data strategy and building data roadmap within the retail or healthcare industry along with experience in data analytics, application integration system architecture of large data warehouses and data lake concepts, information management/ data management strategy; dimensional modeling experience, physical database design experience and creation of data semantic layer.
- Experience in managing large projects and interaction with Business Users, Business and IT leaders and IT technical staff. Experience working directly with business partners or clients in developing data use cases and business process mapping.
- Analytical assessment experience to propose data roadmap for data lake and/or data warehouse depending on the business application as well as process improvements within existing systems.
- Strong experience in designing and building analytical datasets and tools that support business analysts and data scientists and/or the every-day business users with thorough understanding of the different data needs by end-user type.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting tools (eg, Tableau), strong SQL skills, working knowledge of at least one data lake access language including but not limited to Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Significant experience in data warehousing/technology and the strong ability to represent the business and the analyst community to guide technical discussions with IT partners and influence point of view on how data platforms are being architected to meet business and analytic objectives
- Experience in managing a portfolio of projects across business and IT and ensuring on-budget/on-time delivery. Provides visibility into portfolio through steering committee presentations and Enterprise Analytics reporting suites
- Strong communicator – able to present complex concepts with finesse to a wide range of audiences through multiple channels. Regularly called on to present in client meetings and to senior leadership including C-suite audience
- Effectively facilitates meetings including stakeholders with different perspectives, experiences and goals, documenting clear, prioritized outcomes/deliverables
- Interprets and defines complex business problems into technical solutions
- Leads project development and communicates business requirements. Lays out a clear mission statement for the work and ensures that the analytical framework is aligned with broader objectives.
- Investigates, resolves and escalates problems and develops recommendations for resolution. Keeps stakeholders informed of project status
- Has an understanding of Root Cause Analysis and can identify individual points of failure as well as interactions that can lead to failure or inaccurate results in an application or process
- Ability to translate the business question and apply knowledge of broader business trends into the analytic problem, breaks down the problem into a series of components that drive the outcome
- Can effectively compute and interpret for non-analytic audiences the values of descriptive measures in various data management systems and compare differences between datasets. In addition to descriptive analyses, is able to assess multivariate regression models and interpret results for technical and nontechnical audiences
- Possesses a deep understanding of how the organization can implement technology to optimize data management workflows and streamline analytic processes
- Develops processes, tools and governance to effectively harness and manage enterprise data assets. Demonstrates tenacity and creativity in overcoming data challenges
- Ability to coach others on analytical project management and can step in to turnaround troubled analytical projects
- Ability to design and build UAT strategy to meet business objectives
- Has a thorough understanding of security needs and how to apply it at an application or data level
- Capable of modifying existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Possesses a basic understanding of development methodologies like waterfall and agile. A solid foundational knowledge of software development lifecycle a plus
- Healthcare, retail pharmacy and/or PBM experience is a plus
Bachelor’s degree required in computer science, statistics, or other quantitative discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAWand EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|