CVS: Senior Advisor, Trend Analytics – Senior Solution Strategist – Finance
Seeking a candidate for leading analytic solutions, including advanced modeling, reporting development, and data infrastructure improvements aimed at improving our financial and contracting performance.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Position: Senior Advisor, Trend Analytics - Senior Solution Strategist - Finance
If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do, being recognized for your talent and expertise in solving complex and challenging analytical/data problems while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives, consider growing your career with a Fortune 10 healthcare leader!
As a member of the Enterprise Analytics organization you will be responsible for the leadership and coordination of critical cross-functional analytic initiatives aimed at driving best in class analytic solutions for our finance and underwriting teams. You will be responsible for leading analytic solutions, including advanced modeling, reporting development, and data infrastructure improvements aimed at improving our financial and contracting performance. You will collaborate with business partners from client operations, information technology, actuarial services, underwriting, and predictive analytics to develop effective solutions for our partners. Your experience will include translating business needs into analytic questions, and should include experience in benefits or pharmacy benefits client operations or service. Using these skills, you will enable a data driven approach to improve our performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide overall leadership for finance/underwriting analytic objectives, including oversight and coordination of all solution components within Enterprise Analytics to deliver effective solutions to our partners
- Development of core analytic development processes and workflows to ensure cross-team collaboration and leveraging specialty expertise from across Enterprise Analytics and other internal partners.
- Develop a core understanding of rebate contracting, underwriting processes, formulary design, and margin
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze their needs;
- Identify opportunities for process improvements with cross-functional team, including internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Survey and understand opportunities for improved analytics within the UW models;
- Manage the interaction between supporting vendors and analytics;
- Develop and maintain staffing and analytic work plans for each need
- Apply creativity in developing analytic solutions based on available data sources, and in representing analytic findings in reports, tools, and other media to support most effective translation and application of internal and external customers;
- Design and implement robust analytic and reporting solutions to support the identified needs;
To be considered for this new opportunity on our Analytic Development team, please have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Educational background may serve as a substitute for part or all of the length of relevant employment requirement. In addition, you will need to have:
- Working knowledge of health care industry products/services and operations;
- Maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external partners.
- Outstanding process and project management skills, including coordinating activates across diverse departments and ensure that contributions across different teams are lined and integrated as part of overall delivery
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including developing and presenting strategic plans and presentations to executive and technical audiences with the goal of obtaining feedback and alignment on project goals and delivery strategies
- Understanding of healthcare and PBM contracting
- Proficiency and understanding in data analysis and management tools, including SAS, SQL, Microstrategy
- Experience with administrative claims data such as pharmacy or medical claims;
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of new domains and underlying data sources.
- Working knowledge of advanced modeling and forecasting techniques
- Proven ability to develop innovative analytic approaches leveraging all available internal and external data sources;
- Requires exceptional judgment, discretion and confidentiality
- Advanced understanding in PBM Contracting or Underwriting
- Business Intelligence or Reporting Design experience
- Experience with in-depth statistical methodologies;
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to construct analytic solutions to business problems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to interact with and influence decision-making by non-analytical business audiences.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, advanced degree/experience in Project Management or Business Management (MBA) required
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAWand EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/