ZS Associates: Data Science Associate Consultant
Seeking candidates to design, develop and execute analytic techniques on large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help clients make better fact-based decisions.
At: ZS Associates
Location: Chicago, IL
Position: Data Science Associate Consultant
ZS Associates is a leading global consulting firm that’s proud to do things a little differently. ZS believes individual growth is driven by passion for solving complex problems by working together in collaboration with our clients to improve their businesses and the world at large. ZS never shies away from new challenges and much of its work comes from clients repeatedly coming back to it for help in solving their toughest issues.
ZS is continuously growing its data science capability. ZS has the scale, the clients, and the opportunities for its work to have truly global impact.
Now all ZS needs is you. Are you ready to make your impact on one of our Data Science teams?
Data Science Consultants (DSCs) design, develop and execute analytic techniques on large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help clients make better fact-based decisions. DSCs will research and develop new offerings/solutions, deliver client impact by collaborating to deliver client solutions and develop the ZS point of view in this space.
- Develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner;
- Execute and teach application of statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning and retrieval processes) on large, unstructured data sets to identify trends, figures and other relevant information;
- Lead conversations with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings;
- Evaluate emerging datasets and technologies and help define the ZS analytic platform;
- Own development of select assets/accelerators that create scale;
- Contribute to thought leadership through research and publication;
- Guide and manage project teams of Associates/Associate Consultants.
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline, and strong academic performance with analytic and quantitative coursework is required;
- In lieu of a PhD, 5-8 years of relevant post-collegiate job experience;
- Experience with big data/advanced analytics concepts and algorithms (e.g. text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.);
- Relevant programming background (e.g. Java/Python/R);
- Strong understanding of relevant tools/platforms (e.g. Hadoop eco system and database systems);
- Agile project planning and project management experience;
- Team management and skill development experience;
- Relevant domain knowledge preferred; (healthcare/transportation/hi-tech/insurance);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail, with a research-focused mindset;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- High motivation, good work ethic, and maturity.
Since ZS is a global consulting firm, fluency in English is required; additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered for this position.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs, and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, apply to this
challenge/ hackathon which is designed to give you a sneak peek into the kind of work done at ZS.
The goal is to evaluate:
- How you handle data to pre-process and generate relevant features and insights for modeling
- Your knowledge of machine learning / statistics
- Your proficiency in identifying the right techniques to approach the problem
- How you translate the findings into actionable business insights
During the challenge, you will be expected to build a model using the provided sample dataset(s). You're free to use any method or tool of your choice and upload your results in the designated format.
If you make the cut, you get a chance to take part in an expedited interview process with ZS, with the opportunity to join the Business Technology team!
Top performers stand a chance to win other prizes and swags as well;
- 1st Prize: MacBook - Space Gray
- 2nd Prize: 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 3rd Prize: Apple Watch Silver Aluminum Case with Fog Sport Band
- Bragging Rights: ZS will publish a list of winners on its website.
- Top participants will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the ZS Los Angeles Innovation Center to present their results in front of industry leaders and experience what a day is like at ZS.
To enter the challenge Register Here.
More about ZS
- ZS’s Data Science team is spread across the globe; the teams comprise people from a number of highly respected institutions world over
- ZS was named one of Consulting Magazine’s 2017 “Best Firms to Work For”
- ZS appeared on four of Vault’s 2017 best-of lists: “Consulting 50,” “Best Consulting Firms for Healthcare Consulting,” “Best Consulting Firms for Retail Consulting,” and “Most Prestigious Consulting Firms”
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|