Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer III – Cesium.js Developer
Seeking an experienced Cesium.js developer to join a top-notch team of software engineers and data scientists developing web-based solutions for both DoD and commercial customers.
At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Software Engineer III - Cesium.js Developer
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Cesium.js developer to join a top-notch team of software engineers and data scientists developing web-based solutions for both DoD and commercial customers.
The project is targeted at developing advanced 2D and 3D visualizations running on a streaming data platform using the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack with React on the front-end. You will work closely with small teams of scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts, using established geospatial visualization tools (e.g., AGI’s STK and Cesium libraries), to develop cutting edge information visualizations and user interfaces.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with hands-on experience developing high-performance UI components and apps using Cesium and STK components. The candidate will help design and implement user-centered applications, working closely with our customers, users, and team of designers, and scientists. Please include a link to your portfolio (or code samples) in your application.
- Design and develop Cesium.js 2D and 3D interfaces using a defined data model and detailed requirements specifications
- Work directly with cloud-based service developers and full-stack engineers to implement client-side user interfaces using a defined Application Program Interface (API) and data model
- Work closely with subject matter experts to ensure designs are useful and desired functionality is achieved.
- Quickly develop wireframes for review with subject matter experts, design staff, and QA teams for iteration and approval
- Collaborates with front-end and back-end engineers to design, develop, debug, and document system components consistent with commercial software best practices
- Work as part of a larger Agile software team to quickly iterate and refine design and implementation
- U.S. Citizenship
- 3+ years of development using React, Redux, and Node.js stack
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or other related field) or equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years of professional software development experience, ideally with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
- Ability to translate designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Unit testing with Jest
- Version control with GitHub
- Solid communication skills as presenting to customers is expected
- Expertise with API Creation and RESTful services
- Willingness to travel to support customer- and training-related events
Desired, but not required:
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling, 3D engine design, or real-time rendering (WebGL, Three.js)
- Experience with mapping and GIS technologies (e.g. Cesium, OpenLayers, Web-GIS)
- Familiarity with the aerospace and geospatial fields
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.