Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer II – Intelligent Systems
Seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Software Engineer to design and develop cutting-edge intelligent systems applied to areas such as intelligent tutoring, serious games, crowdsourcing, skill modeling and assessment, and advanced visualization.
At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Software Engineer II - Intelligent Systems
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Software Engineer to design and develop cutting-edge intelligent systems applied to areas such as intelligent tutoring, serious games, crowdsourcing, skill modeling and assessment, and advanced visualization. You will develop software for exciting research in algorithm design, unique applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI), and training technologies. Applications may include intelligent tutors for game-based training, collaborative analysis, and wargaming.
You will work closely in small project-oriented groups with our lead scientists and engineers following Agile development paradigms. In service of these responsibilities, you will need to incorporate best-of-breed software development practices, select and implement advanced technology solutions, and design and implement high quality software to address project requirements.
Code and writing samples may be requested.
- US Citizenship is required
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience; a more advanced degree with 1-2 years of related experience
- Experience designing, programming, and documenting complex software systems on Windows and/or Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g., Agile (Scrum), reading/generating software specs, following software coding guidelines)
- Experience with Java and C#, and agility to learn new languages
- Experience in algorithm design and development, ideally including AI algorithms for analysis and/or behavior modeling
- Ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to research questions
- Ability to work both independently and effectively within a team environment (may be expected to interact with clients and other performers)
- Experience using machine learning (ML) algorithms
- Experience developing advanced and/or adaptive user interfaces and visualizations
- Experience working on Unity3D games or applications a plus
- Experience in cyber, medical, or military domains a plus
- Interest in user focused design
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.
Top Stories Past 30 Days