Charles River Analytics: Sr Software Engineer – Intelligent Systems
Seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to design and develop cutting-edge intelligent systems applied to areas such as intelligent tutoring, serious games, crowdsourcing, skill modeling and assessment, and advanced visualization.
At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Senior Software Engineer - Intelligent Systems
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Software Engineer to design and develop cutting-edge intelligent systems applied to areas such as intelligent tutoring, serious games, crowdsourcing, skill modeling and assessment, and advanced visualization. You will design and implement software for exciting research in algorithm design, unique applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI), and training technologies. Applications may include intelligent tutors for game-based training, collaborative analysis, and wargaming.
You will lead small project-oriented groups following Agile development paradigms. In service of these responsibilities, you will need to incorporate best-of-breed software development practices, select and implement advanced technology solutions, and design and implement high quality software to address project requirements.
You should be informed of current software development practices, and be prepared to contribute immediately to ongoing development activities. This should include a working knowledge in several key areas, including modeling and simulation environments, AI algorithms and applications, user interfaces and interactions, web-based applications, and comfort with modern programming languages.
Code and writing samples may be requested.
- US Citizenship is required
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or a Master’s degree with 5 years; or a PhD/ScD with 2 years of experience
- Experience designing, programming, and documenting complex software systems on Windows and/or Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g., Agile (Scrum), reading/generating software specs, following software coding guidelines)
- Demonstrated management of multiple small teams across a collection of projects
- Demonstrated design and development of sizable system architectures
- Experience with Java and C#, and agility to learn new languages
- Demonstrated experience in algorithm design and development including AI algorithms for analysis and/or behavior modeling
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work both independently and effectively within a team environment (may be expected to interact with clients and other performers)
- Demonstrated ability to apply machine learning algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to develop products for commercial and/or transition environments a plus
- Experience in cyber, maintenance, medical, or military domains a plus
- Demonstrated ability to support rapid prototyping needs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with QA engineers
- Experience developing advanced and/or adaptive user interfaces and visualizations a plus
- Experience developing web-based applications and services a plus
- Experience working on Unity3D games or applications a plus
- Interest in user focused design
- Interest in crowdsourcing applications and algorithms
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.