Charles River Analytics: Full Stack Software Engineer
Seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to work with a team of scientists and engineers to enhance our state-of-the-art user-centered enterprise system for members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Full Stack Software Engineer
As a member of our Socio-Cognitive Systems division, you will work with a team of scientists and engineers to enhance our state-of-the-art user-centered enterprise system for members of the U.S. Armed Forces. Our product helps analysts improve their understanding of human behavior, monitor and optimize missions, and communicate and collaborate across teams. This is an excellent opportunity to design and develop novel solutions to challenging problems within a well-defined domain, and to see the real-world impact of those solutions as they are deployed to analysts around the world. Charles River Analytics is an employee-owned small business focused on applying novel ideas in science and technology to real-world problems.
- Design architectural specifications for solutions that address requirements
- Engage with an active user community, receive feedback, and identify refinements to the product
- Understand the system architecture, identify derived requirements, and propose system updates to support new capabilities
- Implement new analytic capabilities onto an existing web application
- Investigate defects and propose and implement enhancements to existing features
- Interact with customers, users, and subject matter experts to analyze and understand domain challenges and needs
- Develop and/or advance an appreciation for computational social science, social psychology, decision analytics, cross-cultural differences in decision-making, and related fields.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- Experience in independently formulating software design based on user requirements
- Experience building REST-based Java servlets
- Availability to travel several times a year within the US
- S. Citizenship; the selected candidate will need to possess or obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Desired, but Not Required:
- Knowledge of build system engineering with tools such as Apache ANT and npm
- Experience with asynchronous distributed transaction processing systems
- Experience building single-page web applications
- Experience with Java Spring
- Experience directly interacting with customers and/or users
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.
Top Stories Past 30 Days