Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer III – React.js Developer for Streaming Data Visualization
Seeking an experienced React.js developer to join a top-notch team of software engineers and data scientists developing web-based solutions for both DoD and commercial customers.
At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Software Engineer III - React.js Developer for Streaming Data Visualization
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced React.js developer to join a top-notch team of software engineers and data scientists developing web-based solutions for both DoD and commercial customers.
The project is targeted at developing advanced 2D and 3D visualizations running on a streaming data platform using the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack with React on the front-end. You will work closely with small teams of scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts, using modern web and mobile frameworks, to develop cutting edge information visualizations and user interfaces. Your engineering input on design concepts in terms of feasibility, ideal technology selection, optimization, and other implementation level details is a crucial responsibility for this position.
- U.S. Citizenship
- 3+ years of development using React, Redux, and Node.js stack
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or other related field) or equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years of professional software development experience, ideally with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
- Ability to translate designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Unit testing with Jest
- Version control with GitHub
- Solid communication skills as presenting to customers is expected
- Expertise with API Creation and RESTful services
- Willingness to travel to support customer- and training-related events
Desired, but not required:
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling, 3D engine design, or real-time rendering (WebGL, Three.js)
- Experience with mapping and GIS technologies (e.g. Cesium, OpenLayers, Web-GIS)
- Familiarity with the aerospace and geospatial fields
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.