Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer – Physiological Sensing and Machine Learning
Seeking an engineer experienced in signal processing, time series analysis, and/or machine learning who can contribute to the development of software aimed at interpreting information provided by wearable devices such as Fitbits and iWatches.
At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Software Engineer - Physiological Sensing and Machine Learning
This is an excellent opportunity to join a top-notch team of software engineers and scientists who are developing innovative solutions to augment training and optimize human performance for the United States Air Force, NASA, National Institutes of Health, and other organizations. We are looking for an engineer experienced in signal processing, time series analysis, and/or machine learning who can contribute to the development of software aimed at interpreting information provided by wearable devices such as Fitbits and iWatches. The ideal candidate will have experience with good software development practices including the use of source control, code reviews, and an understanding that writing DRY, maintainable code requires constant effort from all team members. In addition to being technically competent, we are looking for engineers who love to learn and who have a track record of self-motivated investigation and tinkering. If you have pursued non-work or non-school related projects simply because you like building things and are not afraid of the challenges associated with exploring and learning outside of your comfort zone, we want to hear from you.
We seek engineers who are energized when they help conceive ideas and solutions that have not yet been discovered, who take the initiative in leading engineering efforts and learning what they need to know so they can generate successful results, who enjoy development on the cutting edge of technology where the boundaries are open-ended, and who enjoy working with other team members in an environment where the opportunities are limited only to the degree that we can get amazing things done.
These skills are intended to be representative of the types of frameworks and libraries that could be used for this work. Having expertise in one or more per category is required but expertise in all is not. Your understanding of which is applicable to a given project is crucial.
- Standalone Tech: Java and/or Python
- Back-End Tech: Node.js, RESTful web services
- Databases: SQL, MongoDB
- Data Science/Machine Learning: numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, Orange
- OS: Windows, Linux
- Version Control: Git
- Analyze and design visual representations for complex problems
- Pursue novel applications of technologies to address challenging real-world problems
- Contribute to proposals, reports and papers, and present work at briefings and conferences when appropriate
- Conduct technical discussions with customers guided by a Principal Investigator
- Work with scientists in developing technology solutions
- Interact with customers, users, and domain experts to analyze and understand challenges
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years of professional software development experience, ideally with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
- Willingness to travel to support customer- and training-related events
- U.S. Citizenship
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.
Top Stories Past 30 Days