Large service company: Data Scientist (Reno, NV)
Seeking a candidate that will be able to properly use a wide range of analytical and modeling methods to solve significant business problems.
At: Large service company
Location: Reno, NV
Position: Data Scientist
Harvey Dorland @ 936-597-6500 or email: Hdorland@Ez2.net.
The Senior Data Scientist will work in small multi-disciplinary team on a wide variety of business problems. Areas of focus for the Company today include: pricing accuracy, exposure risk management, distribution effectiveness and others. In addition to standard forms of advanced analytics the Sr. Data Scientist will also help explore the development of predictive models with machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The client is a large service company with a west / Midwest footprint ($400M in revenue).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a candidate that will be able to properly use a wide range of analytical and modeling methods to solve significant business problems.
- Lead model design sessions with other scientists and business representatives to: discuss various approaches to solving a business problem, evaluate each and design an end-to-end process for executing the chosen methodology
- Work with data engineers and IT resources to assemble data. Perform preliminary data analysis and feature creation. Collaborate with business sponsors and peers in the regular review and interpretation of model iterations and final model selection. Work with data engineers and IT resources to generate deployment-ready code
- Engage with business partners to develop and execute a model deployment plan including testing the model in real time, incorporating user feedback into model improvements and evaluating model performance over time
- Identify and test new areas to apply predictive modeling and other advanced analytics
- Computer Science, or Math degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience solving complex business problems with advanced predictive analytics.
- Data Science is Key requirement
- Creation of Solutions is Key in this role
- Excellent knowledge of relational database structure, programming concepts, external data sources, and experience working with complex data systems
- Working knowledge of Python, SAS and R skills, experience with Emblem is a plus but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including macro (VBA) and pivot table creation
- Data visualization skills and experience with relevant tools
Salary to $140k plus strong relocation assistance is available.
(No state income tax in Nevada).
Please contact Harvey Dorland @ 936-597-6500 or email: Hdorland@Ez2.net