Plume: Big Data Engineer (Palo Alto, CA)
Seeking a Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Big Data) on the Plume Data team, to build a real time, highly scalable, and resilient stream processing ecosystem on top of Apache Spark, Kafka, Keras, Tensorflow and Redshift.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Position: Big Data Engineer
At Plume, data driven decisions are at the heart of all our products. The Plume Data Platform enables massively scalable, real time event processing of billions of events to enable real-time business intelligence, machine learning based insights, and personalized engagement solutions for millions of households.
As a Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Big Data) on the Plume Data team, you will build a real time, highly scalable, and resilient stream processing ecosystem on top of Apache Spark, Kafka, Keras, Tensorflow and Redshift. This is a unique ground-floor opportunity for self-motivated individuals to architect, implement and evolve a mission critical cutting-edge software platform.
What you will do:
- Design and implement critical, highly scalable systems and algorithms to run analytics, workflow and machine learning
- Improve Scalability, Reliability and performance of our Streaming Data Pipelines built on top of Kafka and Spark
- Help drive the Design and Architecture of next generation Cloud Machine Learning platform
- Design methods to derive Data Insights via efficient and effective feature learning for challenging problems
Who we're looking for:
- You have experience designing and implementing large scale distributed systems for Stream and Batch processing
- Your idea of fun is reading the Google Millwheel paper, and you get excited debating the merits of Flink versus Spark
- You have designed creative models to derive actionable insights from complex datasets
- You have a passion for creating new products, including being comfortable with ambiguity
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong background in computer science algorithms
Contributions to relevant open source projects is a plus
Top Stories Past 30 Days