UnitedHealth Group: Health Care Data Analytics Consultant [Minnetonka, MN]
UnitedHealth Group is seeking a Health Care Data Analytics Consultant in Minnetonka, MN to engage in client communications for all important functions including data understanding/exploration, strategizing solutions etc, and to build personal rapport to be able to influence client thinking, and decision making.
At: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Position: Health Care Data Analytics Consultant
Data Science, Big Data and Automation are helping reinvent the healthcare system, helping people live heathier lives and making the healthcare system work better for everyone.
The Advanced Research and Analytics (ARA) organization of UnitedHealthcare delivers analytic services and solutions which support all aspects of UHC operations from intelligent claims adjudication, identification of fraud/waste/abuse, improved member/provider experience, clinical intelligence, and more. We deliver Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data to turn healthcare data into information that improves the lives of our members, providers and the healthcare systems as a whole.
- Engage in client communications for all important functions including data understanding/exploration, strategizing solutions etc.
- Build personal rapport to be able to influence client thinking, and decision making.
- Create an internal environment where client is the focus of the business through appropriate communication.
- Work with business stakeholder to identify key business problems, then diagnose, analyze and synthesize advanced analytics solutions to solve them
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for the project/program
- Work with the business teams to operationalize the analytics solution for problems in areas of Provider Operations, Claim/Transaction Operations, Correspondence, Quality and Workforce Effectiveness business verticals.
- Organize and present information via presentations to suit the needs and understanding of the audience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in the analytics industry
- 3+ years of experience with econometric/statistical methods like Linear Regression, Logistic regression, Generalized Linear Model, Survival Analysis, Sampling Techniques, Design of Experiments, Time series analysis, CART, CHAID, Multivariate Techniques like Clustering, etc.)
- Experience with development of enterprise solution in areas of advanced analytics (predictive analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving, including the ability to identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Possesses excellent presentation skills; ability to organize and present information to suit the needs and understanding of the audience
- Proven leadership experience in building and managing a business portfolio
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating good level of maturity
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel. Must know how to execute Pivot table, Conditional formatting, Statistical and Logical functions in Excel, Dynamic linking of sheets etc.
- Professional, service oriented, proactive and flexible
- Master's Degree in a technical field: Statistics/Economics/Computer Science/Mathematics/Business Analytics
- Healthcare domain experience
- Experience with Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume)
- Experience of Business intelligence tools like Tableau/Spotfire/DOMO, etc.
- Experience with statistical software (SAS, SPSS, R, Python, etc.)
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.