Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer – Web [Cambridge, MA]
Charles River Analytics is seeking a Software Engineer - Web in Cambridge, MA, to join a top-notch team of software engineers and scientists designing and developing user-centered web-based and desktop applications for both DoD and commercial customers.
At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Software Engineer - Web
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer with experience in modern, web-based software engineering technologies to join a top-notch team of software engineers and scientists designing and developing user-centered web-based and desktop applications for both DoD and commercial customers. You will work closely with small teams of scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts, using modern technologies, to design and develop cutting edge information visualizations, human computer interaction methodologies, and novel display interfaces. Your ability to produce thoughtful interface designs should be matched by your ability to implement those designs in software. Grounding your design concepts in terms of engineering feasibility, ideal technology selection, optimization, and other implementation level details is a crucial responsibility for this position. Please include a link to your portfolio and/or code samples in your application.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Human Factors (or other related field) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of professional software development/UI design experience, ideally with exposure to the full software design/development lifecycle
- Ability to translate formal design mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design
- Modern web-development experience (Angular, React, etc)
- Fluent in an Object Oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Version control using Git
- Solid written and verbal communication skills as presenting to customers and contributing to deliverables is expected
- Willingness to travel to support customer- and training-related events
- U.S. Citizenship
Desired, but not required:
- Active DoD security clearance (big plus)
- Combined major/minor degrees of Computer Science and related field, such as Human Factors, Cognitive Systems Engineering, Engineering Psychology, Human Computer Interaction
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with design tools such as Illustrator, OmniGraffle, Sketch, Axure, etc.
- Strong visual design and graphic design sensitives
- Ability to perform research activities (e.g., literature reviews, product surveys)
- Experience supporting or leading formal requirements analysis and/or evaluations
- Experience with Agile/Scrum process and/or project management techniques
- Strong writing skills as contributing to technical and scientific proposals may be required
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.