BJ’s Wholesale Club: Sr Data Scientist – Membership Analytics [Westborough, MA]
BJ's Wholesale Club is seeking a Sr Data Scientist - Membership Analytics in Westborough, MA, to be responsible for leveraging BJ’s wealth of data using advanced statistical methods.
At: BJ's Wholesale Club
Location: Westborough, MA
Position: Sr Data Scientist - Membership Analytics
Contact: Email to
The Membership Analytics Team is BJ’s internal advanced analytics consultancy. The Team is responsible for a wide range of analysis in support of BJ’s efforts to strengthen member loyalty, improve retention, acquire high quality members and increase member lifetime value. The Sr Data Scientist will be responsible for leveraging BJ’s wealth of data using advanced statistical methods.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Extract actionable insights from complex datasets using data mining, statistics, and database techniques to measure/understand/improve member acquisition/engagement KPIs
- Apply Data Science methods along with project management skills to assist in developing new approaches to member acquisition, engagement and promotion
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders to ensure data-driven answers are provided and recommended
- Build reports, dashboards, and other analytical tools to help communicate the state of business
- Apply data mining/machine learning/statistics in areas outside of membership/marketing
- Works with and streamlines established data warehouses, production data, and available tools to build strategic datasets in support of key initiatives
- Establishes and systematically performs processes to assess and validate data accuracy
- Strong data science knowledge on machine learning and statistical methods (Supervised/unsupervised learning, Linear/logistic Regression, Random Forests, Lift Modeling, Linear/nonlinear Programming, Clustering, ARIMA, Neural Networks, Variable selection/feature engineering, hypothesis testing)
- Experience developing and productionizing machine learning models and application of statistical methods in Python(pandas/numpy/sklearn/scipy) or Spark
- Experience with data ETL in at least one of the following scripting language: Python/R/SAS/SQL/Spark
- Experience with Cloud computing environment preferred (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Strong Data Science and Analytics background with the ability to apply analytical skills to business problems
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing data science/analytics projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most tasks are performed while seated indoors at a personal computer.
- Limited travel may be required periodically throughout the year.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Top Stories Past 30 Days