UnitedHealth Group: Sr Solutions Developer – Analytics [Newton Square, PA]
UnitedHealth Group is seeking a Senior Solutions Developer - Analytics in Newton Square, PA, to support the needs of the business through the design and development of tools, applications, reports and data to assist in achieving the mission statement of developing actionable analytics.
At: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Newton Square, PA
Position: Senior Solutions Developer - Analytics
The Senior Solutions Developer role is to support the needs of the business through the design and development of tools, applications, reports and data to assist in achieving the mission statement of developing actionable analytics. The primary focus for this role will be multi-faceted as it will involve development of applications, databases, reports, ETL, processes and anything else necessary to help support innovation in analytics. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle many projects at once from developing a major application to debugging an error in a report or researching an issue in an ETL process. The developer will collect informal requirements from the business users, prototype application functions, discuss design options with the business leads and build the technology in a rapid-development nimble environment. The individual will also be expected to come up with their own ideas on new functionality, new insights and new automations. The individual must have the ability to be the jack of all trades and use/learn any tool necessary to get the job done.
- Ownership and understanding of the analytics systems and processes is a must
- Collect and document system requirements from end-users
- Be the primary/senior designer and builder of the applications, tools, reports and processes
- Design and build small-scale systems end-to-end including windows forms, web, database and ETL
- Innovate and create new efficiencies to be used in analytics
- Help train end-user on the applications
- Understand the various sources of data needed to support the application
- Ability to use and learn new technology that will serve the business
- Help to document application logic and educate end-users on the logic
- Identify and solve system inefficiencies and debug system or data issues
- Analyze data generated in the systems and help create reports for the business users of the systems
- Must be able to work with limited direction and oversight. Self motivation and self-QA of models is key
- Must have the ability to analytically and logically think through questions and to isolate key issues
- Must have the ability to connect the dots in determining how all processes and data are connected
- Must have ability to effectively communication and presentation skills
- Must be a self-starter, a fast learner and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- 5+ years development/technical experience preferably in a Data Warehouse project environment
- 3+ years C# and .NET experience (window forms and web)
- 3+ years SSIS and 3+ years SSRS
- 3+ SQL Server development (developing stored procedures, modeling, T-SQL query development, etc)
- Must be located in PA and willing to work in the office
- Experience with Power BI and Tableau is preferred
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Experience with EDI transactions is a plus
As health care continues to change and evolve, so do your opportunities to join a superb team who are working every day to make health care work better.
Executive Health Resources is part of Optum and the growing family of UnitedHealth Group companies. We help smooth out the interplay between each hospital client and the various payers. How? We serve as an expert partner on issues that confront hospitals every day involving medical necessity, reimbursement, coding and documentation. And while that's a mouthful, it makes us proud to say that we rise to a level of professionalism and quality that can totally invigorate your career.
Join us today and you'll soon be doing your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|