Pear Therapeutics: Data Scientist [Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA]
Pear Therapeutics is seeking a Data Scientist in Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA, to analyze large, unique datasets that include app activity, clinical claims streams, electronic medical records in order to drive the product development of prescription digital therapeutics.
At: Pear Therapeutics
Location: Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA
Position: Data Scientist
Pear Therapeutics (PEAR), is a venture-backed digital health company focused on the development of prescription digital therapeutics and drug/software combinations to treat diseases with high unmet medical need. PEAR is a fully integrated digital therapeutics company, developing software-based interventions in compliance with FDA design and test requirements, testing the efficacy of these interventions in randomized clinical trials, leveraging clinical trial data to file for FDA approval to treat disease, and supporting payment of cleared products via reimbursement codes and health economic analyses. The company has developed a pipeline of clinically validated digital therapeutics, and our lead program is on pace to be the first FDA-cleared, prescription digital therapeutic, with commercial launch in 2018. PEAR provides better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payors.
About the Team
At Pear Therapeutics, we have the privilege of working on the world’s first-ever class of prescription digital therapeutics. By inherent nature of our therapeutics as digital applications, we have access to unprecedented richness of data, thus affording unique opportunities to drive clinical efficacy and outcomes in populations with high unmet medical need. As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for shaping and delivering data-driven insights to inform product and design decisions. We are looking for data scientists with a deep product sense, who have an innate curiosity about end-users, and are eager to dive into large, complex datasets and create actionable insights.
- Analyze large, unique datasets that include app activity, clinical claims streams, electronic medical records in order to drive the product development of prescription digital therapeutics
- Execute quantitative analysis and modeling.
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas.
- Work closely with the Product team to generate insights around user behavior through the evaluation of data and ensure that our apps are properly instrumented in order to drive company objectives
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to understand their data goals, and translate them into key metrics.
- Translate data into actionable insights.
- Develop executive-grade reports, dashboards, and metrics to inform business insights.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions.
- Support internal teams with quantitative analysis.
- Conduct data mining and predictive analytics to provide actionable insights at tactical and strategic levels related to product experience.
- Synthesize and present quantitative & qualitative results to teams across the organization.
- Have strong communication skills to data story-tell through visualization, and ability to explain your work effectively to any audience.
- Have opportunities to coauthor publications in collaboration with our clinical team.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years applied research experience, with project scoping, analytics, and communication of findings
- 1+ year of experience with advanced SQL writing for data extraction and reporting
- Experience with Python or similar data scripting tools
- Statistical modeling (hypothesis testing, causal modeling, data mining), optimization algorithms
- BI/Visualization tools (Periscope, Google Data Studio)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Ability to present results of complex analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences at an executive level.
- Excellent strategic, organizational and analytical skills.
- Solid experience using analytical insights to inform product and design decisions is strongly preferred
- Experience with medical/clinical products a plus
- Willingness to travel quarterly between coasts
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pear Therapeutics in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pear Therapeutics to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pear Therapeutics and the specific job and/or work site. Pear Therapeutics may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship disclosure, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pear Therapeutics support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pear Therapeutics.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|