Mindstrong Health: Sr Data Scientist / Machine Learning, Statistics, Coding [Palo Alto, CA]
Mindstrong Health is seeking a Sr Data Scientist in Palo Alto, CA, who is passionate about our mission, committed to excellence and excited to build a company that will address one of the greatest health challenges of our time.
At: Mindstrong Health
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Position: Sr Data Scientist / Machine Learning, Statistics, Coding
Who is Mindstrong?
We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team of people with unrivaled experience and background in science, technology and healthcare.
Our mission is to transform brain health through measurement science.
Brain health is fundamental to our mental health and overall health. Mindstrong has developed and validated the first ever passive, continuous measures of brain function using patterns generated from touchscreen interactions on your smartphone. These data reflect the way your brain processes and responds to the world around you.
While weight, blood glucose or blood pressure are familiar objective measures of diabetes and heart disease, progress in mental health has been limited by the lack of similar objective and ecological measures. Mindstrong’s scientifically validated digital biomarkers of brain function are objective, ecological, and proving essential in detecting and managing mental illness early. The ability to detect deterioration of brain health enables the timely delivery of interventions, when they are most effective. Measuring brain health, and delivery of smarter care, results in better long-term mental health.
We are looking for people who are passionate about our mission, committed to excellence and excited to build a company that will address one of the greatest health challenges of our time.
What you'll be doing:
- Become an expert in building healthcare critical deep-learning applications that re-map brain circuits from human-computer interaction patterns
- Create highly scalable and adaptive online/streaming learning algorithms that impact the lives of millions of people daily
- Work with a high-performance engineering team to deploy these applications in a highly scalable and distributed infrastructure
- And you will feel good about your work knowing that what you do will affect the lives of millions of people around the world
Who you are:
- You feel good about your work knowing that what you do will affect the lives of millions of people around the world
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- A good person, highly ethical and accepting of others
Your background and skills:
- An amazing developer; technical challenges of all types excite you
- Interested in contributing your opinions and perspective to help the team solve the challenges that our users face
- Possess extensive end-to-end project experience using machine learning or deep learning to solve complex real-world problems. This includes feature selection, dimensionality reduction, algorithm development, cross-validation
- Have a proven track record of delivering concrete implementations on tight schedules
- Have extensive experience using Python/R, TensorFlow & Keras/Torch, Spark and the AWS stack (S3, SQL, Mongo, Redshift)
- PhD (preferred) or MS in statistics, computer science or related mathematical disciplines with an emphasis on both theoretical analysis and algorithmic implementation
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing both statistical and machine learning models with at least 3 years in the industry, i.e. shipping product!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company outings
- Casual dress code
- Open vacation policy
Join us in our journey to transform the future of brain health!
You can apply to the role here: http://bit.ly/hh_jd