NAIC: Analyst I (Capital Markets) [New York, NY]
The NAIC is seeking a Analyst I (Capital Markets) in New York, NY. The NAIC strives every day to support the public good and make a difference. This is a full-time position in a flexible environment.
Location: New York, NY
Position: Analyst I (Capital Markets)
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has an exciting opportunity for an Analyst I on the Capital Markets Team. This position is part of the NAIC’s Capital Markets & Investment Analysis Office located in New York City Office. The NAIC strives every day to support the public good and make a difference. This is a full-time position in a flexible environment.
If you are working for us, here are some of the things you may do:
- Supports the NAIC's macro-prudential surveillance of US insurance industry assets by (a) monitoring investment markets for each of the major asset classes owned by insurers (fixed income, equities and real estate) as well as other potential markets insurers may consider for investment; (b) considering the potential risks and issues related to those investments and markets; and (c) analyzing the potential impact of adverse market conditions on US insurers' investments, individually and as a group.
- Demonstrates broad, innovative thinking that encompasses analyzing credit risk and other issues such as liquidity and volatility; and also takes into account portfolio and asset/liability considerations
- Leverages a variety of resources (i.e. industry experts, investment banking research, rating agency reports among others), with guidance identifying relevant theses, and deriving thoughtful conclusions as part of the analytical process
- Performs accurate and complete qualitative and quantitative analysis of investment portfolios or specific parts of an investment portfolio of insurance companies, identifying specific risks and potential concerns and any significant exposures that could impact insurer solvency
- Writes and interprets SQL or Access queries for standard as well as ad hoc data mining purposes. Builds visualizations using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) to spot trends and anomalies as well as create unbiased stories and conclusions with data
- Attends conferences, webinars, seminars, NAIC continuing education courses, etc. to further knowledge of capital markets, various types of investments (i.e. asset types), and regulatory issues, broadening analytical skills
Do you have a passion for analyzing investments and capital? Does it excite you to utilize your data mining and visualization skills to support the regulation of insurance? If this sounds up your alley…we would like to hear from you! Apply today!
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Economics or equivalent
- Related experience of at least 3 to 5 years of credit analysis, asset management, and/or sales/trading experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of capital markets required; basic knowledge of statutory accounting and risk-based capital preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; intermediate skill level with Microsoft Access
- Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid, reasonable conclusions through qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Must demonstrate strong writing and verbal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to develop and maintain an understanding of the Purposes and Procedures Manual of the Securities Valuation Office, Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles, and Annual Statement blanks and instructions
- Knowledge of Tableau and Bloomberg is a plus
Why Work at the NAIC/NIPR?
- Flexible Work Environment
- Compressed Work Week or Work from Home
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Purchase Assistance
- Referral Bonuses
- Choice of Insurance Plans
- Vacation Buy Back
- Infants in the Work Place
- Adoption Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Days Off for Community Service
The NAIC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For consideration, please apply online at: http://careers.naic.org
Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|