UnitedHealth Group: Sr Manager, Data Engineering [Minnetonka, MN]
UnitedHealth Group is seeking a Sr Manager, Data Engineering in Minnetonka, MN. The position will work with our report developers and analyst to help set the vision and deliver data assets that drive insights and opportunities for the digital product teams.
At: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Position: Sr Manager, Data Engineering
The Digital Analytics team is looking for an experienced leader responsible for implementing the Business Intelligence Data strategy providing scale to our reporting and analytic teams by maintaining the team's big data tenant.
As the Manager, Data Engineering and Architecture, you’ll work with our report developers and analyst to help set the vision and deliver data assets that drive insights and opportunities for the digital product teams. Your team will source and structure clickstream data feeds and call center data with offline data to drive scale across the lines of business. Most importantly, you’ll play a key leadership role in shaping the analytics culture across the growing team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in modern data architectures designing and implementing data marts that enable analytics and semantic layers that drive BI tools. We’re looking for someone who has the technical skills to quickly navigate a complex environment and develop strategic views of the business that communicate insights in a way that drives action.
Please note - this position is office based in Minnetonka, MN and is not open to work from home/telecommute.
- Set and deliver the data strategy that supports reporting and analytics efforts to increase the maturity of the BI team
- Create blueprints for big data tenant to integrate, centralize, protect and maintain data sources
- Develops, constructs, tests, and maintains architectures
- Sources data via methods such as http GET and JSON APIs
- Oversee the ETL of data across staging areas
- Conduct code reviews of teams’ Spark Streaming programs in Scala, Java, Python, and R
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- 8+ years of experience in data engineering and/or data science
- 2+ years people management experience
- Demonstrated track record of implementing BI strategy and underlying data architecture
- Experience building cross-functional relationships and communicating at all levels of an organization
- Experience using Big Data Processing Technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and/or Pig
- Knowledgeable of complex SQL queries and ETL
- Demonstrated understanding of different data formats and best practices for analytic practitioners and reporting applications
- Inquisitive with a passion for data architecture design patterns
- Demonstrated analyst mindset
- Experience working in a large, matrixed organization
- Attention to detail and ability to produce high caliber work products
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions
- Understand the differences between Adobe Analytics clickstream options: API, Live Stream, and Data Feeds
- Experience working with Adobe clickstream data and the filters needed to match Adobe Analytics
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.sm
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.