Yeshiva University: Data Science Program Director [New York, NY]
Yeshiva University is seeking a Data Science Program Director in New York, NY, to provide transformative direction and oversight with a commitment to excellence in teaching, research and community, oversee curriculum development, academic policies, and much more.
At: Yeshiva University
Location: New York, NY
Position: Data Science Program Director
Yeshiva University’s Katz School seeks a dynamic director to serve as academic and administrative lead for its graduate initiatives in Data Science and related programs. Given the multidisciplinary mission of the Katz School, there will be opportunities to collaborate on research and initiatives with other fields and schools; for example, Data Analytics, CyberSecurity, Data and Privacy Law (at Cardozo School of Law), BioTech, and YU’s Innovation Lab. In particular, this is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader to take advantage of the University’s deep connections to Israel’s startup community and groundbreaking work in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Science, and Biotech.
The position may be eligible for a senior clinical appointment depending on experience and qualifications. We offer an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefits, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Compensation commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance may be provided.
- Provide transformative direction and oversight with a commitment to excellence in teaching, research and community
- Oversee curriculum development, academic policies, and assessment with commitment to continuous program improvement
- Ensure student academic and professional success, including internships and career opportunities
- Lead faculty recruitment, hiring, development, evaluation, and creating a culture of collegiality and shared governance
- Partner with the Graduate Enrollment Management group for student recruitment of highly qualified students, with an expectation of significant program growth
- Obtain Professional Science Master’s (PSM) affiliation and any or other relevant industry designations
- Collaborate with faculty and administrators across the university to identify shared goals, synergistic programming, and other learning and research opportunities
- Raise the visibility of the Katz School and University in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science
- Establish partnerships with local, regional, national, and international organizations
- Develop grants, contracts, philanthropy, and research development
- Manage budgets and resources
Experience & Educational Background:
- Master’s degree in data science, computer science, or related field
- Professional experience in data science or related fields
- Doctorate degree in data science, computer science, or related field
- Experience in higher education administration a plus
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong network of industry connections
- Capacity for excellence in teaching and mentoring graduate students as evidenced by prior student evaluations, teaching portfolios, and peer-evaluations
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
The Katz School at Yeshiva University (YU) provides students with the opportunity to further their intellectual and professional pursuits and become a part of one of U.S. News and World Report’s top 100 universities in the United States. We are committed to delivering a world-class education in Science, Technology, and Health and to connecting students with thought-leaders and employers in New York City and beyond. Our curricula are informed by research and industry to provide our graduates with tools that will serve them long into their careers. Critical to our mission is creating an exemplary student and faculty experience. Yeshiva University is an academic powerhouse, and we invite you to join us. Learn more at www.yu.edu/katz.
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
To apply, visit: