CBH Group: Data Scientist [Perth, Australia]
CBH Group is seeking a Data Scientist in Perth, Australia. This role will be responsible for developing data driven software solutions to assist decision making across trading desks.
At: CBH Group
Location: Perth, Australia
Position: Data Scientist
Apply by 18 Jan 2019
The CBH Group is Australia’s largest co-operative and a leader in the Australian grain industry, with operations which extend along the value chain and include grain storage, handling, transport, marketing and processing. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing a safe and rewarding working environment for our people, with a strong culture of developing and enhancing our employees’ capabilities. We invite you to become part of a dynamic, diverse organisation with a bright future.
The Data Scientist role will be an integral member of the trading team developing sophisticated decision based algorithmic models from large data sets, both from internally and externally derived data to enhance the organisations trading (physical and derivatives), quality and logistic decision making. This role will be responsible for developing data driven software solutions to assist decision making across trading desks.
- Develop data pipelines to fuel reporting and statistical modelling relevant to the trading desks
- Create custom software solutions tailored to specific business needs
- Develop algorithmic models to provide analytical decision making tools.
- Enhance the profitability of the trading group through idea generation and implementation of models that identify opportunities within markets.
- Work with the trading team and various stakeholders to develop solutions based on complex and challenging ideas/problems.
- Utilise and continually develop best practice principles in data analytics.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary degree qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or Science.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a quantitative and/or data analytical role preferably in a commodities or financial market related field.
- Strong programming background, with emphasis on Python
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Strong understanding of databases and engineering of data pipelines
- An ability to understand complex issues and develop/adapt analytical tools to provide resolutions.
- Continuous improvement focus;
- Excellent written communication skills - ability to prepare reports, business plans, and other documentation; and,
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential
Within the Marketing and Trading division we celebrate our diversity and recognise that our success is supported by embracing a culture of inclusion. We are committed to ensuring that the diversity of our team is reflected in non-traditional and leadership positions and creating an environment where innovation, collaboration and performance flourish and where everyone has opportunities for personal development and career growth.
If this position is right for you, apply before close of business Friday 11th January 2019 To find out more about working at CBH go to http://careers.cbh.com.au/.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications are received prior.