CBH Group: Sr Data Scientist [Perth, Australia]
CBH Group is seeking a Sr Data Scientist in Perth, Australia. The Senior Data Scientist role will be an integral member of the operations team developing sophisticated decision based algorithmic models.
At: CBH Group
Location: Perth, Australia
Position: Sr Data Scientist
Apply by 18 Jan 2019
The CBH Group is Australia’s largest co-operative and a leader in the Australian grain industry, with operations which extend along the value chain and include grain storage, handling, transport, marketing and processing. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing a safe and rewarding working environment for our people, with a strong culture of developing and enhancing our employees’ capabilities. We invite you to become part of a dynamic, diverse organisation with a bright future.
The Senior Data Scientist role will be an integral member of the operations team developing sophisticated decision based algorithmic models from large data sets, both from internally and externally derived data to enhance the organisations grain quality and logistic decision making. This role will be responsible for analysing existing structured data sets as well as introducing unstructured data to provide unparalleled decision-making opportunities for the operations department. The role will also assist with the development and mentoring of junior Data Scientist in the team.
This role is based in Perth, Western Australia with relocation provided for the right candidate.
- Develop strategies to leverage existing internal and external data sources to enhance supply chain related decisions
- Enhance the decision making ability of the operations leadership team through idea generation and implementation of models that identify opportunities within the supply chain.
- Work with the operations team and various stakeholders to develop solutions based on complex and challenging ideas/problems.
- Develop algorithmic models to provide analytical decision making tools.
- Source various internal and external data sets.
- Utilise and continually develop best practice principles in data analytics
Skills and experience
- PhD or Master’s Degree qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a quantitative and/or data analytical role preferably in a supply chain, process engineering or logistics related field.
- Strong knowledge of various statistical and optimisation techniques and machine learning algorithms, their application and associated development environments
- Strong programming background with emphasis on Python (preferred), R or Scala
- Strong understanding of databases, data modelling and distributed computing environments
- A proven ability to understand complex business ideas and develop/adapt analytical tools to provide resolutions
- Experience in development frameworks and processes (e.g. version control)
- Experience with deployment, performance monitoring and fine tuning of models.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Continuous improvement focus
- Team leadership, mentoring and project management skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with an ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields; and,
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential
If this position is right for you, apply before close of business Wednesday 2nd January 2019. To find out more about working at CBH go to http://careers.cbh.com.au/.