Intuit: Staff Data Scientist [Woodland Hills, CA and Mountain View, CA]
Intuit is seeking a Staff Data Scientist in Woodland Hills, CA and Mountain View, CA. This role will oversee the design, development, deployment and management of batch and real-time fraud and credit risk models for both onboarding and monitoring purposes.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA and Mountain View, CA
Position: Staff Data Scientist
Fuel small business success! Intuit is looking for innovative and hands-on data scientists to focus on Smart Money Services. Our team leverages data mining/machine learning techniques to manage credit and fraud risk in payments and payroll. We are looking for team members that love new challenges, cracking tough problems and working cross-functionally. If you are looking to join a fast-paced, innovative and incredibly fun team, then we encourage you to apply. Come do the best work of your life!
The Staff Data Scientist will be responsible for developing analytical solutions for the detection of fraud and credit risk across the Intuit payments and payroll ecosystem. The goal of these solutions is to protect Intuit and our customers from losses. The ideal candidate will bring deep expertise in predictive & behavioral modeling for risk management while enabling a great customer experience and business growth. Preferably, the candidate will have previous experience in risk management with a merchant acquirer.
- Oversee the design, development, deployment and management of batch and real-time fraud and credit risk models for both onboarding and monitoring purposes.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders.
- Communicate key analytic findings within the business and to senior stakeholders.
- Research, explore, and enable new quantitative techniques and technologies in data science.
- Drive thought leadership and embrace emerging industry innovation.
- Mentor more junior team members.
- 5+ years data science experience, preferably with fraud and credit risk detection solutions
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, or equivalent
- Hands-on expertise with data mining and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, tree based methods, neural nets, support vector machines, anomaly detection, and natural language processing.
- Expertise in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java and/or R.
- Efficient in SQL, Hive, SparkSQL, etc.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience with building end-to-end reusable pipelines from data acquisition to model output delivery
- Quick learner, adaptable, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to conduct meetings and make professional presentations, and to explain complex concepts and technical material to non-technical users.
- Strong project management and stakeholder management skills
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Top Stories Past 30 Days