Cummins: Advanced Analytics Systems Architect Principle [Columbus, IN]
Cummins is seeking a Advanced Analytics Systems Architect Principle in Columbus, IN, to be accountable for the Architectural design of Advanced Analytics System inclusive of the Data Engineering, Data Science, Compute infrastructure and BI/Visualization and reporting components.
Location: Columbus, IN
Position: Advanced Analytics Systems Architect Principle
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for an Advanced Analytics Systems Architect Principle. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
This position is accountable for the Architectural design of Advanced Analytics System inclusive of the Data Engineering, Data Science, Compute infrastructure and BI/Visualization and reporting components as well as cross-system, cross-cloud interfaces and functional allocation negotiation. The architectural role will work closely with the component level architects, Enterprise architecture team, and equivalent systems architects of various systems across Cummins' landscape.
- Integration and interface design among components of the Advanced analytics platform
- Functional allocation of capabilities to advanced analytics components
- Negotiation and documentation of interface specifications between external systems and the Analytics platform
- Integration of selected tools for Data Science, Data Engineering, and Advanced Analytics Planning tool sets
- Architecture reviews, approvals and negotiations with the Enterprise Architecture team
- Interface and integration with chosen cloud platforms
- Systems and Architecture team leadership and personnel management
Unique skills :
- 10 or years’ experience in computer systems architecture and design on big data platforms
- Demonstrated architectural design success for functional, performance, and non-functional system needs
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Azure platform or other cloud compute infrastructure
- Prior experience with Data Engineering and Data Science systems is a plus
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communications skills
- Strong process and standards focus
In addition, your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Responsible for assessing, defining and championing the IT architecture strategies, principles, policies and standards in alignment with the IT strategy and governing their use; coordinates with project teams to create, document, assess and/or validate the application and infrastructure solution designs for specific systems.
- Responsible for the research, evaluation, and selection of application, technology, and infrastructure standards.
- Leads the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Creates project and technology roadmaps and define migration plans to mitigate the gaps between the current and future state.
- Develops standards for the specific function or technology domain and defines design patterns and configurations that can be reused as building blocks for other solutions.
- Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to manage change and guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Ensures coherence and completeness across all Cummins Technology Reference Model (CTRM) disciplines.
- Maintains positive relationships with IT and business leaders to effectively promote and communicate IT architecture value proposition.
- Collaborates with IT stakeholders to apply IT strategy to architecture future state architecture and develops roadmaps to realize future state.
- Defines and ensures effective metrics to measure standards adoption, reuse, and demonstrate value.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technology and software trends focused on driving comparative advantage for CMI.
- Cultivates strong relationships with industry experts; participates and may present at conferences and round tables.
- Performs complex cost/benefit analysis when researching future state capabilities.
- Coaches and mentors less senior Architects.
- Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and recommends the right set of technologies to meet the needs.
- Provides infrastructure capacity recommendations for new applications and systems.
System Asset Management - Manages an IT asset from inception throughout its useful life using the required processes and tools to reduce IT costs and limit risks, while maximizing IT responsiveness and end-user productivity.
Architecture System Design - Defines and develops architecture deliverables, artifacts and building blocks (e.g. conceptual models, logical models, physical network designs, etc.) by applying architecture principles through the use of an architecture development framework and methodology that enables the organization to transform its systems in a controlled manner in response to business needs.
Business Value Assessment - Conducts or supports the business value assessment using a value assurance approach to increase the potential of success of large IT programs.
Strategic mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Change Management - Applies the Cummins structured process and tool set for engaging individuals and organizations through change to achieve and sustain business results and outcomes.
Project Resource Management - Develops resource (expense and headcount) plans using recommended project management tools and processes to manage resources effectively.
Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Builds effective teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Drives engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
Drives vision and purpose - Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Significant relevant experience required.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree inInformation Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Job SYSTEMS/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Corporate Office Building
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Nov 8, 2018, 3:41:19 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 1800078T