Cummins: Reliability Analytics Leader [Columbus, IN]
Cummins is seeking a Reliability Analytics Leader in Columbus, IN, to be responsible for support and enhancement of current Reliability Analytics tools, and lead development of next generation analytical tools.
Location: Columbus, IN
Position: Reliability Analytics Leader
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Reliability Analytics Leader. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Responsible for support and enhancement of current Reliability Analytics tools including OBIEE Reporting, Reliability Reporting, Predictor and SAS JMP.
- Lead development of next generation analytical tools for Reliability Analytics group, including predictive models for RPH and CPE.
- Engage with the broader Advanced Analytics team to provide subject matter expertise on other projects.
- Manage and Implement advanced analytics projects which solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches through a combination of analytical, mathematical, and technical skills.
- Research, design, implement and validates cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes by leveraging complex statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques.
- Communicate with business stakeholders and leverage business knowledge to industrialize and monetize insights from advanced analytics projects.
- Leads key objectives and business goals using data science methodology.
- Leverages data science methodology to more complex business problems.
- Creates algorithms using more complex statistical methodologies using statistical programming languages and tools.
- Partners with domain experts to verify model capabilities and translate modeling outputs from statistical inferences into business language
- Partners with IT resources to enable appropriate data flow/data model, development using appropriate tools/technology, rapid prototyping and informs the design of analytical products.
- Trains and mentors less experienced employees on data science tools and methodologies.
- Significant experience in building, iterating, and validating statistical models.
- Strong working knowledge of data cleaning, machine learning and analytics techniques and experience with large data sets.
- JMP Scripting Language (JSL) programming skills highly preferred.
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to communicate complex information in a concise, informative, and engaging way.
- Results driven, proactive, excellent stakeholder management, quick learner, and problem-solving attitude.
- Solid business acumen.
- Minimum seven years of professional experience with at least four years in a similar role.
- Experience with Reliability data and tools highly preferred.
- Experience in a large global, matrix environment preferred.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in statistics, information systems or related field required. PhD or Master’s degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Corporate Office Building
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Nov 13, 2018, 4:02:07 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 1800078R
Top Stories Past 30 Days