CBH Group: Sr Data Engineer [Perth, Australia]
CBH Group is seeking a Sr Data Engineer in Perth, Australia, to take responsibility for the definition, documentation and completion of technical data analysis and delivery.
At: CBH Group
Location: Perth, Australia
Position: Sr Data Engineer
Apply by 18 Jan 2019
The CBH Group is Australia’s largest co-operative and a leader in the Australian grain industry, with operations which extend along the value chain and include grain storage, handling, transport, marketing and processing. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing a safe and rewarding working environment for our people, with a strong culture of developing and enhancing our employees’ capabilities. We invite you to become part of a dynamic, diverse organisation with a bright future.
The Senior Data Engineer will take responsibility for the definition, documentation and completion of technical data analysis and delivery. Working on a diverse and interesting work portfolio this role will form part of our growing Data Engineering Team.
- Recognise opportunities to re-use existing data flows
- Lead the build of data streaming systems
- Optimise the code to ensure processes perform optimally
- Design and lead the implementation of data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and BI systems.
- Design, build and test data products that are complex or large scale. Build teams to complete data integration services.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal customers and business units to ensure effective communication, coordination of effort and alignment of all work undertaken
- Manage costs relating to technical aspects of assigned work, communicate these costs to appropriate stakeholders
Skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software/computer engineering, applied math or a related field and/or 6+ years of working experience, both in hands on and client facing
- Strong development background with experience in at least two scripting, object oriented or functional programming language, etc. SQL, T-SQL, Python, Java, R, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience in current data analytic techniques and supporting technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with experience in collaborative problem solving
- Excel in team collaboration and working with others from diverse skill-sets and backgrounds.
- Commercial experience leading on client-facing projects, including working in close-knit teams.
At CBH Group we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
APPLY NOW for exclusive opportunities, market insights and ongoing career support.
If this position is right for you, apply before close of business Friday 21st December 2018. To find out more about working at CBH go to http://careers.cbh.com.au/.
Top Stories Past 30 Days