LoyaltyOne: Associate Director, Client Services [Westborough, MA]
LoyaltyOne is seeking a Associate Director, Client Services in Westborough, MA, to be responsible for managing Precima's overall deliverables and client teams related to merchandising services for long-term retail clients including category management, pricing, promotion and assortment and building collaborative retail and vendor programs.
Location: Westborough, MA
Position: Associate Director, Client Services
Are you passionate about Data? Join the data revolution. At Precima, our people are proud to work with some of the world’s leading retailers on challenging, cutting-edge, data driven solutions, powered by technology, and, people. Working in the Greater Boston Area, we have an exciting opportunity to lead an engagement with CVS, one of the largest retailers in the U.S. If you have an ingrained streak of determination and don’t settle for good enough, apply today!
The Associate Director, Client Services is responsible for managing Precima's overall deliverables and client teams related to merchandising services for long-term retail clients including category management, pricing, promotion and assortment and building collaborative retail and vendor programs.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Developing long-term (3-5 year) and annual merchandising strategic plans and deliverables for clients including developing a phased road-map of key activities, deliverables
- Manage Precima's merchandising client-services team toward achievement of the strategic and financial plans and Precima's deliverables as part of client engagements that meet and/or exceed expectations on quality/time to ensure client satisfaction, retention and growth. Accountable for client revenue related to merchandising services representing $2-$5 MM annually
- Act as the primary client services lead for Precima with client merchandising stakeholders to establish and manage deliverables including the following: Chief Merchandising Officer, SVP Merchandising, Category VPs and Directors and Category Management, Pricing, Promotion and Assortment Teams
- Leads delivery of Precima's strategic planning, recommendations and insights/tactics through presentation of analysis to clients via written/verbal presentations, analysis and Precima's reporting and insight tool
- Lead implementation and execution of Precima's recommendations within client merchandising teams through training, communication, strategic and consulting support, analysis - aligned to rigorous change management best practices variables to be provided to clients including category management, pricing, promotion and assortment
- Support Precima merchandising services product/service development through staying on top of industry trends and best practices, new tools/technologies and analytics and to continuously enhance Precima's competitive market position and reflecting client needs and insights
- Support Precima thought-leadership through internal learning/knowledge-sharing and development as well as via industry networking, case study development and publishing (white-papers/articles) as well as speaking at industry events.
- Primary responsibility for securing client participation through sale of Precima products and services for client including sale of reporting suite, ad hoc and strategic analytics and targeted marketing initiatives
- Jointly responsible to manage Precima retail analytics team resources against delivery of products and services and to manage overall P&L for client. Primary accountability for management of recruiting and resource planning for clients
- Minimum of 5-7 years of directly related work experience in retail merchandising strategy, strategy development, execution and management - preferably with experience across category management, pricing, promotion and assortment - and ideally experience with leveraging loyalty and customer data in a retail setting.
- Preference for candidates with direct experience in developing multi-year merchandising strategy/plans and implementing pricing, promotion and assortment strategies and tactics via insights and tools.
- Expertise and experience in managing senior level client engagements and consulting/client services is required - preferably at executive levels and required at leadership levels.
- Expert knowledge and experience in retail/loyalty marketing and one-to-one marketing - with direct experience in leveraging customer loyalty and transactional data to target offers and content to customers - ideally within retail and/or CPG.
- Proven expertise and experience in clients service and consulting at c-levels and leadership levels
- Strong experience and skill in partnership and collaboration with other 3rd parties toward joint delivery and complementary capabilities with seamless integration/execution
- Strength and proven ability to develop and manage teams toward delivery
- Strong understanding of and experience with customer-centric analytics including multi-dimensional segmentation within retail, and merchandising analytics including price/demand elasticity modeling, assortment and demand transfer, category management, promotional measurement
- Experience in broader retail strategy and analytics is a strong asset and marketing expertise is a strong asset.
- Experience in managing lateral relationships a strong advantage
- C-level Management exposure and servicing (interaction with retail customers - having worked directly with retailers in one or more of the following roles: Brand Manager, Shopper Insights Manager, Manager Consumer Insights, Business Development Manager, Customer/Category Manager; OR extensive experience in a consulting/services role to retailers on the analytics or category management side - e.g., Manager or Director Insights with Nielsen or IRI
- Direct experience in leveraging consumer data and insights in support of client objectives - ideally with experience in leveraging retailer transaction data combined with brand/consumer data
- Experience in collaboration between retailer and manufacturer and how to align objectives in either marketing/CRM or merchandising/category management
- Experience in business development (consultative selling) and client relationship management - preferably in a consultative relationship setting
- Proven logical/analytical skills and creativity in addresses business issues with innovative solutions
Decision Making Authority:
- Authority to develop detailed annual strategic plans for participating clients and detailed project plans to meet deliverables - within allocated resource plan (allocation determined by VP Consulting & Analytics)
- Ability to adjust/change project plan and strategic plan to meet deliverables, including reallocating resources within direct team and indirect team to meet new plans (within budgeted resource)
- Authority to lead client presentations and ownership of what is presented and how including recommendations
- The impacts of the above decisions directly relate to the value/impact retailers receive from Precima's products and services including achievement of strategic and financial results, client satisfaction and revenue. In addition, this impacts how the Precima analytics and consulting team engages with clients and completes deliverables.
Key Internal and External Collaborative Relationships:
- Primary accountability for senior-level client relationships - typically at Director-level (Director Marketing, Director Insights) within clients and responsibility for developing annual/quarterly strategic plans and measuring progress against deliverables and for overall client satisfaction and client revenue
- Responsible for day-to-day management of client relationships toward planning and execution of deliverables and measurement/interpretation of results - typically category Managers, senior category Managers, Manager Insights, through to weekly updates with senior stakeholders at E and C levels
- Typical work involves presenting recommendations and securing alignment to plans
- Support presentations to senior executives of both retail clients (Typically VP Marketing or SVP Marketing and VP Insights) and Retailers (SVP Marketing, VP Marketing, EVP CRM) - and responsible for development of presentations/recommendations for review with senior internal team
Precima is a global retail strategy and analytics company that provides tailored, data-driven solutions that drive sales, boost profitability and build customer loyalty. Leveraging our deep analytics expertise, Precima helps organizations improve their competitive position across all facets of planning and operations from assortment optimization, price optimization, promotional optimization, targeted marketing, and supplier collaboration. Precima’s credentials include solutions for Fortune 1000 brands and grocery retailers, including global market leaders. Together with LoyaltyOne, LoyaltyOne Consulting, BrandLoyalty, AIR MILES, and IceMobile, Precima is a part of Alliance Data―a Fortune 500 Company and the global leader in data-driven loyalty solutions. Precima's head office is located in Toronto, Canada, with global offices in Den Bosch, The Netherlands, Chicago, USA, and London, UK. Precima is a LoyaltyOne company. www.precima.com
Today, there are more ways than ever to engage shoppers. At LoyaltyOne, we believe that understanding the people behind the purchase is key to winning their hearts – and their wallets.
For over two decades and from more than fifty locations around the globe, we have paired expertise in shopper behavior with advanced analytics to uncover the data-driven insights that drive successful loyalty, marketing and merchandising solutions.
Across AIR MILES, BrandLoyalty, Precima and Global Solutions, our businesses help some of the world's leading retailers connect with consumers and deliver more value in every visit. Regardless of their role or geographic location, our people are always supported by one of the best teams around.
At LoyaltyOne, we know that in coming together we are at our strongest – and that together we can help shape the future for our clients, their shoppers and our communities.
LoyaltyOne is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.loyalty.com
Alliance Data® (NYSE: ADS) is a leading global provider of data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions serving large, consumer-based industries. The Company creates and deploys customized solutions, enhancing the critical customer marketing experience; the result is measurably changing consumer behavior while driving business growth and profitability for some of today's most recognizable brands. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and emerging technologies. An S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plano, Texas, Alliance Data consists of three businesses that together employ more than 16,000 associates at approximately 100 locations worldwide. http://www.alliancedata.com
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Primary Location: USA - United States-3095 - Massachusetts-50127 - Worcester-L3-Westborough - CNVR
Work Locations: L3-Westborough - CNVR Westborough 01581
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Dec 13, 2018, 3:56:28 PM
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|