Vanguard: Senior AI Engineer [Malvern, PA]
Vanguard is seeking a Senior AI Engineer in Malvern, PA, to work with Business and IT on finding out whether specific ideas or problems could be addressed using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, and to conduct experiments and Proofs of Concept for such opportunities.
Location: Malvern, PA
Position: Senior AI Engineer
To work with Business and IT on finding out whether specific ideas or problems could be addressed using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, and to conduct experiments and Proofs of Concept for such opportunities. Will collaborate with other AI Engineers, IT Developers, and Data Scientists through implementation of models, including helping with design of such solutions. The successful candidate will join CTO office that researches new trends and technologies with potential business benefits
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults on analytic projects as a subject matter expert across multiple business units including Marketing, Investment Management, and Security to provide insight into client needs and behavior.
- Serves as the analytics expert to Full-Stack functional team/s for specific product services. Serves as own Project Relationship Manager for smaller projects.
- Prototypes Machine Learning solutions to determine whether selected business or IT opportunities could be addressed.
- Participates in piloting solutions based on Machine Learning approaches, guiding and advising teams through model development and implementation lifecycle.
- Is aware of latest Artificial Intelligence trends, including new frameworks, algorithms, tools, cloud offerings, and business applicability areas and propose which ones should be considered at Vanguard, then participate in applicable evaluations.
- Coordinates with Data Engineers to extract, clean, and transform data into automated, reproducible formats for analysis and application usage; fixes data inconsistencies and errors; and introduces new data sources when necessary.
- Delivers presentations and recommendations to business partners communicating complex material in simple terms. Guides business partners on the implications and use of analytic results
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Astrophysics, or Applied Mathematics. MS degree preferred. Related certifications, demonstrable projects, and work experience may be used as substitutes.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in progressive analytical or software development roles
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software Engineering best practices and tools
- Experience building predictive models using Machine Learning, Deep Learning & other methods
- Demonstrated industry experience generating insights to business problems and coordinating with Data Engineers and Developers to apply those insights and models within software products.
- Demonstrated experience in working on complex projects: formulating the business problem; extracting, cleansing, and manipulating large and diverse data sets; building descriptive, predictive and prescriptive solutions; and deploying these solutions in the cloud and/or on premise systems
- Demonstrated experience in communicating complex analytical solutions, data relationships and results and their business impacts to business partners and stakeholders, through superior data visualization and storytelling skills.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages, such as Python, Java, Spark, Scala, and R
- Experience with data visualization tools such as D3.js and Tableau
- Experience with Big Data languages and technologies.
- Experience with Amazon AWS and AWS solutions related to Machine Learning a plus
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.