UnitedHealth Group: Director, Data Science [Minnetonka, MN]
UnitedHealth Group is seeking a Director, Data Science in Minnetonka, MN, to play a vital role by partnering with our internal digital strategy clients to analyze and identify opportunities for growth through analysis of linking the digital experience to our members’ offline behaviors.
At: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Position: Director, Data Science
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Director of Data Science you’ll play a vital role by partnering with our internal digital strategy clients to analyze and identify opportunities for growth through analysis of linking the digital experience to our members’ offline behaviors.
This position is based our Minnetonka, MN office and is not open to telecommute or work from home.
- Shape the landscape around the incorporation of data science throughout the digital organization and spearhead initiatives to instill the importance of data driven-decisions as a key component of success
- Serve as an evangelist for the power of predictive analysis and develop business cases for presentation to key stakeholders to illustrate proven successes.
- Act in a leadership role in the development of organizational benchmarks of key consumer metrics and performance indicators
- Quantify impacts of the digital experience on offline member behaviors and business operations
- Develop the analytics methodology strategy for quantifying and optimizing the digital experience
- Design and lead the intake process for strategic ad-hoc analytics projects
- Deliver production analytic solutions such as segmentation/cohort scoring assignments for use in incremental behavior analysis
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years professional experience as an analytics practitioner
- 5+ years of people leadership experience in an analytical organization
- Demonstrated applied experience with segmentation and principles of experimental design (such cohort analysis, test/control, analysis of covariance)
- Experimental design analysis and data interpretation in support of multichannel strategy development
- Experience operating in a digital product development organization
- Experience gleaning insight from a Hadoop environment
- Experience with complex analytics projects using Adobe clickstream data
- Demonstrated project management capabilities including experience managing multiple project streams
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Top Stories Past 30 Days