Miami University: Assistant Provost for Institutional Research and Effectiveness [Oxford, OH]
The Assistant Provost will integrate critical functions in institutional research and assessment to meet changing needs in dynamic regional and national higher education markets.
At: Miami University
Location: Oxford, OH
Position: Assistant Provost for Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Office of Institutional Research: Reporting to the Provost, the Assistant Provost for Institutional Research and Effectiveness will lead the university’s data analytics and institutional research, as well as institutional effectiveness and accreditation activities, and provide key support for enrollment management as well as institutional resource planning and analysis. This individual will ensure that enterprise data is collected accurately, analyzed rigorously, used appropriately, and shared with key stakeholders to make data-driven or evidence-based decisions.
The Assistant Provost will integrate critical functions in institutional research and assessment to meet changing needs in dynamic regional and national higher education markets. The Assistant Provost will also manage institutional data for a wide range of uses: budgeting and financial planning; enrollment projections; scorecards for productivity analyses; student retention and success; federal and state reporting; regional and specialty accreditation reporting; assessment of program outcomes; salary analyses; and other projects. This person will shape the use of data as a key influencer of University planning and decision support. The Assistant Provost will manage an operation that must both meet new institutional challenges for analytics and continuing responsibilities in assessment, in addition to institutional reporting to regulatory bodies.
- Master’s degree in social science, statistics, research methodology, higher education, or a related discipline with a minimum of five years combined experience in institutional research and assessment;
- Demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of effective, appropriate and rigorous institutional research and assessment in the current higher education context;
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills; a capacity to work and communicate productively with multiple stakeholders, and perspectives to collaboratively address complex data and analysis needs;
- Have the ability to collect and analyze data, and to build effective partnerships and collaborate across the institution to help forge the consensus needed to advance the University’s mission;
- Have the ability to translate data analysis into usable information for decision-making and policy analysis;
- Have proven skills in working with senior leadership, while demonstrating integrity, credibility, sound judgment, and tact;
- Be skilled in best practices using technology for data analysis and communicating results;
- Maintain a strong commitment to customer service and ability to prioritize; and
- Be flexible, intellectually curious, and able to manage details and big ideas concurrently.
- A doctoral degree in a relevant field.
- Ten years of combined experience in institutional research and assessment.
Submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references to https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=6714. Direct inquiries to Dr. Jeff Wanko at firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applicants will begin January 18. 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.