FM Global: Senior Data Scientist — Artificial Intelligence [Johnston, RI]
FM Global is seeking a Senior Data Scientist — Artificial Intelligence in Johnston, RI, focus on translating business needs into analytics, interpretation of analytics into business applications, advanced technologies and artificial intelligence solutions.
At: FM Global
Location: Johnston, RI
Position: Senior Data Scientist — Artificial Intelligence
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will focus on translating business needs into analytics, interpretation of analytics into business applications, advanced technologies and artificial intelligence solutions. This role will provide you with the opportunity to innovate, explore and build solutions for FM Global using emerging technologies. You will develop and apply artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning to various business problems in loss prevention.
You’ll be part of a leading-edge and diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals. You’ll work alongside multiple departments including operations, innovation, business technology transformation, underwriting and engineering to streamline artificial intelligence efforts. Through constant learning, innnovation, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help FM Global deliver on the promise of loss prevention, you’ll also grow your career and the scope of your impact across the company.
You will use your creativity and leverage a vast array of techniques and tools. You will plan, conduct, and direct the development and evaluation of real-world, large-scale problems using artificial intelligence/machine learning with minimal or limited supervision.
Your projects will be interesting, exciting and challenging. You will use advanced analytics with artificial intelligence to advance the mission and goals of FM Global.
- Ph.D. in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other relevant fields with 2+ years of business experience (or Master’s degree with 10+ years of business experience)
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Advanced skills in R, Python, Java, Lisp, Prolog or Scala
- Solid understanding of probability, statistics, linear algebra and mathematical optimization
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience in Artificial Intelligence (AI) Platforms such as Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine, IBM Watson Studio, TensorFlow
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Natural language Understanding
- Cognitive Computing
- Text Analytics
- Bayesian Networking
- Expertise in the analysis of data from a variety of sources
- Experience in transforming and converting unstructured data sets into structured data products
- Experience in design, validation and testing of algorithms and systems
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and ability to work well with others in a team environment and across disciplines
- Understanding of and experience in Agile development process
- General business knowledge related to risk management and/or insurance