FM Global: Senior Data Scientist — Predictive Analytics [Johnston, RI]
FM Global is seeking a Senior Data Scientist — Predictive Analytics in Johnston, RI, to focus on translating business needs into analytics, interpretation of analytics into business applications, advanced technologies and artificial intelligence solutions.
At: FM Global
Location: Johnston, RI
Position: Senior Data Scientist — Predictive Analytics
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will focus on translating business needs into analytics, interpretation of analytics into business applications, advanced technologies and artificial intelligence solutions. This role will provide you with the opportunity to innovate, explore and build solutions for FM Global using emerging technologies. You will develop and apply artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning to various business problems in loss prevention.
You’ll be part of a leading-edge and diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals. You’ll work alongside multiple departments including operations, innovation, business technology transformation, underwriting and engineering to streamline artificial intelligence efforts. Through constant learning, innnovation, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help FM Global deliver on the promise of loss prevention, you’ll also grow your career and the scope of your impact across the company.
You will use your creativity and leverage a vast array of techniques and tools. You will plan, conduct, and direct the development and evaluation of real-world, large-scale problems using artificial intelligence/machine learning with minimal or limited supervision.
Your projects will be interesting, exciting and challenging. You will use advanced analytics with artificial intelligence to advance the mission and goals of FM Global.
- Ph.D. in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other relevant fields with 2+ years of business experience (or Master’s degree with 10+ years of business experience)
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Advanced programming skills with modern languages including but not limited to R and Pyhton
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in
- Linear Models
- Non-Parametric Statistics
- Computer Intensive Statistics
- Generalized Linear Models
- Dependent Data Analysis
- Quality Control
- Multi-Variate Analysis
- Data Mining
- Missing Values
- Hierarchal Models / Multilevel Modeling
- Machine Learning
- Text Analytics
- Expertise in the analysis of data from a variety of sources
- Experience in design, validation and testing of algorithms and systems
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and ability to work well with others in a team environment and across disciplines
- Understanding of and experience in Agile development process
- General business knowledge related to risk management and/or insurance
Top Stories Past 30 Days