Interactive Brokers Group (IBG): Data Scientist [Greenwich, CT]
The successful candidate will transform information into insight to drive our continued growth, and to understand how we can service our clients better. The data scientist role combines internal and external sources of data to paint a clear picture of who our clients are, and how they engage with our products and services.
At: Interactive Brokers Group (IBG)
Location: Greenwich, CT
Position: Data Scientist
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers Group (IBG) is looking for a data scientist. The successful candidate will transform information into insight to drive our continued growth, and to understand how we can service our clients better. The data scientist role combines internal and external sources of data to paint a clear picture of who our clients are, and how they engage with our products and services. Identifying interesting and useful trends in this data, and formulate hypotheses on how we can leverage these trends to improve our offering and grow our client base. You will see your insights turned into action as we test and implement changes to take advantage of your analysis.
- Identify, analyze and pinpoint trends and patterns in our data sets that we can leverage to further our growth
- Communicate and present your findings to executives and key stakeholders
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and strategic objectives using a data-driven approach
- Interact with executives and managers to identify information needs based around the products and services we offer to track how they are being used by our clients
- Design and improve our data collection and database designs to optimize efficiency and improve the data quality
- Acquire data from internal and external data sources that can be used to enhance our data sets and improve analysis
- Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics
- 5+ years' experience in a data science or data analysis role
- Working knowledge of mining and analyzing data sets to extract meaningful trends
- Experience using statistical programming languages or toolkits for analyzing large, complex datasets
- Technical proficiency with optimizing data collection, database design, data mining and modeling/analysis
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Expert problem solving skills and creative thinking ability
- Ability to distill and present key findings to managers and other stakeholders (both technical and non-technical individuals)
- Project management skills with experience planning and coordinating full project life-cycle for data and research focused projects
This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of September 30, 2018.
Top Stories Past 30 Days