A startup: Quantitative Modeler [Remote, US]
A Startup is seeking a talented and highly motivated Quantitative Modeler for a unique and exciting opportunity with a small team looking to accurately predict the events (team and player level) of future sports competitions.
At: a startup
Location: Remote (US)
Position: Quantitative Modeler
This position has been filled.
Looking for a talented and highly motivated Quantitative Modeler for a unique and exciting opportunity with a small team looking to accurately predict the events (team and player level) of future sports competitions. Candidate should have hands-on experience in traditional data science (analyzing data) and more modern data science (AI, deep learning). Degree in a relevant scientific field required (mathematics, statistics, data science, actuarial sciences, etc.). Candidates should have a high level of enthusiasm toward sports analytics and prediction of future outcomes in the sports world. Candidates should be capable of working in a remote environment.
- Python (scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks)
- Tensorflow or equivalent deep learning framework such as PyTorch, Caffe(2), MXNet
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, such as neural networks/deep learning, SVM, Random Forest, generalized linear models, etc.
- Experience with Financial Market Analysis (Trading systems, investment analysis, Hedging, high frequency trading, etc.)
- R, MATLAB, SAS, mongoDB, SQL Server
- Sports Analytics
- Experience with Database Management
- Background in Game Theory, Control Theory
Candidates will be considered if any of the following apply:
- BS degree with 3+ years of experience in analytics
- MS graduates with focus in analytics
- Outstanding experience in sports analytics
- Investigate, identify, develop and optimize new methods, algorithms and technologies to derive novel, competitive insights from disparate data sources.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and developers to identify, design, build and maintain tools, analytical workflows and applications to streamline and strengthen current processes.
- Applying new and emerging analytical methods and visualization technologies on real world data for the purposes of building investment strategies around the outcomes of sporting events.
Top Stories Past 30 Days