Cigna: Data Scientist [Remote, US]
Cigna is seeking a Data Scientist who is passionate about machine learning (both supervised and unsupervised), building models, data mining and NLP in their Service Operations group. This is a work from home position for candidates based in the US.
Location: Remote, US
Position: Data Scientist
Who We Are
The Cigna Service Operations Business Intelligence & Analytics (SOBI&A) organization offers solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers that help reduce health costs, improve outcomes, provide financial security and measure and forecast business performance.
The Data Scientist position is a hands-on role responsible for the end-to-end design, testing and development of analytics solutions for Service Operations. As a Data Scientist in SOBI&A you will work closely with other team members and business stakeholders to apply machine learning, deep learning, NLP and other advanced analytics. You will research and prepare data for analysis, perform data exploration, apply machine learning and statistical techniques to draw conclusions and build innovative products to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work individually and/or with team members to design and develop machine learning models (both supervised and unsupervised) for prototyping or ad-hoc analyses.
- Apply data mining techniques and perform statistical analysis as needed.
- Collect and organize information from a variety of data sources.
- Write queries to underlying Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Work with business partners to learn and understand the specific domain (i.e. Claim Ops, Call/Contact Center, Client Services…).
- Communicate findings to key stakeholders.
- Expertise in data mining algorithms and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, support vector machines, ensemble modeling and text mining techniques such as sentiment analysis, topic modeling and entity extraction.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and attention to detail.
- Multi-year experience with Python/R and SQL.
- Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Linguistics or related field. MS or PhD preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships across the organization.
Top Stories Past 30 Days