University of Zurich: Post-doc or Senior Research Assistant [Zurich, Switzerland]
The University of Zurich is seeking a Post-Doc or Senior Researcher in Zurich Switzerland, to conduct research and co-supervise students in areas such as Data Mining, human-oriented data mining, Interactive Data Mining, Linked Data, HCI, big data (among others).
At: University of Zurich
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Position: Post-doc or Senior Research Assistant
The Dynamic and Distributed Information Systems Group at the University of Zurich (Switzerland) of Prof. Abraham Bernstein is inviting applications for
a Post-doc or Senior Research Assistant (Oberassistent) position
with a keen interest in at least one of the following areas:
- Social Computing, Crowdsourcing, Human-Computer Interaction, Collective Intelligence, and/or CSCW
- Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning
- Semantic Web, Linked Data
- Big Data and Data Stream Processing
The focus of the research activities will be linked with a number of new and existing research projects (see http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/en/ddis/research.html). Most projects in the group are funded by research foundations such as the Swiss National Science Foundation, the EC, or the HaslerStiftung.
- a team of young and highly motivated colleagues who are passionate about research
- a work environment that is well equipped with the newest hardware and software technology
- a competitive salary (80'000-90'000CHF/~70'000€-80'000€; depending on the current exchange rate)
- strong support for your personal development and career planning
- an attractive work environment both within the research group and beyond: the University of Zurich is a superb universitiy in the middle of a vibrant, cosmopolitan city that regularly ranks as one of the cities with the highest quality of life in the world
- a PhD in informatics, computer science, information systems (or an equivalent university study) or expect to get it momentarily
- good programming skills
- an interest in applying computer science research to real-world problems
- excellent command of English
- experience of running experiment involving humans, if possible
More information is available at: http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/ddis/jobs.html
If you fit the profile, are able to work in a team, like challenging tasks, and are passionate about research then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send a detailed curriculum vitae, all grade transcripts, selected publications (if available), a list of at least three references, and your PhD theses in one PDF file by email to
Prof. Abraham Bernstein, Ph.D.
Department of Informatics
University of Zurich, Switzerland
Email: ddisjobs "at" lists "dot" ifi "dot" uzh "dot" ch
Please send your applications in no later than March 1st, 2018. Applications received afterwards may be considered if positions are unfilled.
The University of Zurich is committed to enhancing the number of women in scientific positions and, therefore, particularly invites women to apply. Women who are as qualified for the position in question as male applicants will be given priority.
Top Stories Past 30 Days