Boehringer Ingelheim: Principal Scientist (f/m) in Computational Chemistry / Data Science [Biberach, Germany]
Boehringer Ingelheim is seeking a principal scientist for the Computational Chemistry group at their research site in Biberach / Germany.
At: Boehringer Ingelheim
Location: Biberach, Germany
Position: Principal Scientist (f/m) in Computational Chemistry / Data Science
Are you a data scientist with a strong background in machine learning and interest in chemo-informatics? Do you consider yourself a creative, enthusiastic and highly skilled scientist who enjoys team work? Do you want to access and work with all the data and the infrastructure of a successful drug-discovery organization? Are you looking forward to translating your findings into a drug that could dramatically change the way we treat patients?
We are currently looking for a principal scientist for the Computational Chemistry group at our research site in Biberach / Germany.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you turn data into insight by applying state-of-the-art data science technologies.
- You apply and adapt machine learning / deep learning methods to enhance our medicinal chemistry design platforms.
- You represent us at scientific conferences and in academic collaborations to ensure our access to the latest methods and technologies in this dynamic field.
- In collaboration with your colleagues from Computational Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, IT and other disciplines, you co-develop the next generation of small molecule drug discovery tools.
- PhD in computer science, chemistry, physics, mathematics or related discipline
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience with machine learning approaches, preferably including deep learning
- Strong programming skills and familitarity with machine learning, and data science tool kits (e.g. scikit-learn, keras, tensorflow, pandas, rdkit)
- Ability to explain complex computational concepts, algorithms and results to experts from other fields
- Openness to acquire chemo-informatics skills
- Familiarity with pharmacological and medicinal chemistry concepts is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English and good interpersonal skills
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Flex-time and working remotely
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Julia Miller, Tel: +49 (0) 7351/54-94190
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|