Roadie: Sr Data Scientist [Atlanta, GA]
Roadie is data science experts to work on key areas of our product and platform including route optimization and timing, pricing, and driver selection.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position: Sr Data Scientist
Roadie, the on-demand, crowdsourced delivery startup based in Atlanta, Georgia, is seeking experienced, passionate data scientists to join our team. With over 120,000 registered drivers and deliveries in more than 240 metros in the U.S. we help retailers compete with the 2-day shipping promise of Amazon offering deliveries direct from the retailer in as fast as an hour. Our growing set of amazing customers includes Home Depot (also an investor), Delta Airlines, and Walmart.
Specifically, we are looking for data science experts to work on key areas of our product and platform including route optimization and timing, pricing, and driver selection. Our Data Science team is at the forefront of our product strategy, developing the insights that allow us to make data-driven decisions for the growth of our products.
- Identify key questions and develop data-informed opinions on various aspects of the product and business
- Partner with Roadie's product and engineering teams to drive actionable data insights and solutions for our enterprise senders
- Run A/B experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth for our product and markets
- Develop novel approaches and algorithms for crowd-sourced delivery problems
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong quantitative background: MS or Ph.D. expected ideally in Operations Research or Computer Science
- Domain expertise in logistics, supply chain management, forecasting, or pricing
- Strong coding skills in Python, Numpy, Pandas, and related libraries
- Experience with various machine learning algorithms both supervised and unsupervised
- Experience with DNN/CNN technologies and can make reasoned decisions about when machine learning is needed versus algorithms or statistical methods
- Effective data visualization skills with tools like Matplotlib, Bokeh, and Seaborn
- Ability to write complex SQL to extract and transform data from our MPP database
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex problems into digestible insights
- Collaborative spirit and interest in developing the future of logistics
- Industry-competitive salary
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- Retirement benefits with 401k matching program
- Generous stock options; everyone on our team is an owner in our company
- Be Reasonable PTO policy and flexible work from home options
- Unlimited Roadie credits!