Cisco: Support Bot Designer/Engineer [Raleigh, NC]
You will be responsible for designing and implementing conversational experiences on our Bot/Virtual Agent platforms and channels, including employee experience requirements, omni-channel workflow, process design, system changes, testing, analysis, and reporting.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Position: Support Bot Designer/Engineer
Type: Full-time opening
Comp: Salary 75-90K + 8% bonus
What You'll Do
The Employee Services Transformation organization is evolving the holistic employee experience across all employee support touch points and is driving digital self-reliant capabilities (self-heal, self-help, self-service, self-support) that contribute to our vision of digitized employee Personalized Virtual Support built within the framework of our Employee Experience Architecture. You will be one of our core members of the Digital Transformation team. We work as a multi-functional, matrixed organization and with globally dispersed virtual teams.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing conversational experiences on our Bot/Virtual Agent platforms and channels, including employee experience requirements, omni-channel workflow, process design, system changes, testing, analysis, and reporting. You will partner with our IT organisation in an agile environment as our Domain Expert, to help design and develop a common framework and reusable objects using Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), API/micro services and mobile/web development methodologies that can be leveraged to deploy conversational Bot/VA solutions globally, both on-premise and in the cloud. You will lead our Digital Transformation team to use and implement the tools of the Bot/VA platform to setup the intents and entities, configure the dialogue flow, and train the bot to implement the conversational experience.
You have experience in customer service or customer care, CX/UX/UI and/or digital capabilities; and demonstrate an unrivaled blend of operational perfection, technical proficiency, and creativity and critical thinking.
- Partner with the business stakeholders and IT to understand, anticipate, and define business needs and requirements, evaluate business processes, uncover areas for improvement, optimisation, and enhancement; build use cases, prototypes, and Proof of Concepts to influence direction and showcase value; and prioritise initiatives within the Digital Transformation portfolio to ensure that our BOT/VAs deliver intelligent and intuitive conversations, resulting in a great employee experience with a high level of secure, quality interactions.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and assess use cases and advise and guide them through the process of designing, deploying and maintaining the Bot/VA conversational experience. Lead the design and implement the dialog models and conversational flows with the “intents” that define the conversation interaction along with the associated “utterances”, “entities”, business rules, and so forth.
- Participate in the effort of shaping the architecture and design of conversational Bot/VA solutions by actively helping the team in choosing the right technology, methodology and solving technical problems. Maintain your knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends related to Bot/VA and corresponding architectural solutions. Support the integration of these new capabilities, products, services, regulatory requirements, tools, and technologies into our existing operations.
- Assist the development team through design and code reviews, partial development and application of reusable components, hands-on testing in multiple levels of test cases, plans, and testing - unit, functional, security, system, user acceptance, and performance - and signoff for production deployment. Represent the business team and drive the rapid identification and root cause resolution of incidents and errors.
- Drive and chip in to the continual refinement, improvement, and ongoing maintenance of up-to-date and accurate content within the Bot through content experiments, user feedback, and analysis of performance metrics to ensure an effortless employee experience within the Bot/VA channel and across our support ecosystem.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas, findings, insights, collaborate and build consensus, iteratively improve solutions, and communicate plans and results
Who You'll Work With
You’ll be part of a highly collaborative, empowered team in Digital Support Transformation, working with your peers Knowledge Management, and IT teams to help us design, build, and implement cutting-edge capabilities across our broader Employee Services support organisations. You’ll be working with a variety of groups that are looking to us to help them digitize and deliver support Bots for their Services – Workplace Resources, HR, Procurement, Travel and Expense, Finance, and others.
Who You Are
- Experience using traditional project management, agile development, and UI/UX methodologies to analyse human support interactions and then, using your sound judgement and decision-making skills, design, write, develop, train, and deploy engaging conversational (NLP) Bot/VA experiences and integrate them into existing business and technology architectures to achieve our desired business and experience objectives.
- Ability to work, adapt, collaborate, and influence successfully within a fast paced, high demand, matrix team environment and build effective business and functional partnerships with all levels of team members and across all organizational levels, while balancing competing resources and multiple priorities.
- Understand and provide thought leadership and well-informed advice as they relate to AI and Machine/Deep Learning industry trends and on the technical aspects of building and deploying conversational Bot/VA technologies and ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are properly understood, appropriately exploited, and applied correctly.
- Communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner. Develop visually simple and appealing PowerPoint presentations and be comfortable with articulating and communicating with the right authority and messaging to a vast range of stakeholders.
Related Work Experience
- 2+ years Business / IT Analyst or Engineer experience
- 2+ years of experience embedding, testing, and training Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP/NLU into applications
Bachelor or Master of Science or related business discipline or equivalent work experience
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco