Pandora: Sr Scientist, Core Radio & User Engagement [Atlanta, GA or Oakland, CA]
Pandora is seeking enthusiastic data scientists with experience in machine learning, statistical modeling and analysis, combined with strong CS fundamentals and coding abilities. Scientists partner with engineers, product managers, and other key stakeholders in the product and marketing teams.
Location: Atlanta, GA, Oakland, CA
Position: Sr Scientist, Core Radio & User Engagement
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
Music and data are at the heart of Pandora. As a member of the User Engagement data science team, you will help us build models and design experiments that impact the listening experience of millions of people every day. We are looking for enthusiastic data scientists with experience in machine learning, statistical modeling and analysis, combined with strong CS fundamentals and coding abilities. Scientists on our team partner with engineers, product managers, and other key stakeholders in the product and marketing teams. You'll interact regularly with senior leadership to directly guide and shape Pandora's efforts in one or more of the following areas:
- Building ML models and improving the core recommendation system that helps serve music to millions of listeners
- Developing new ways to model user behavior using cutting-edge techniques
- Optimizing models to drive user growth and engagement
- Exploring new opportunities to integrate SiriusXM and Pandora radio programming
Successful candidates will have outstanding communication skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team, and a natural sense of curiosity and drive to experiment. We welcome diverse perspectives and a collaborative spirit.
Relocation and visa programs available.
- PhD degree in quantitative field (for example: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Biology, Neuroscience, Physics, or Mathematics)
- Demonstrated background in machine learning and applied statistics
- 2+ years of industry experience in a data science role
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience with Hive or SQL databases
- Experience implementing ML models at a large scale in a production environment
- Experimental design and A/B testing
- Experience with the Hadoop technology stack
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) tools
- Experience with deep learning APIs such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application process.
The location or office to which you would like to apply.
The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".