Intuit: Staff Data Scientist, Experimentation Analytics [Mountain View, CA]
You will be joining a team that is building a new business within the company in one of the hottest fintech spaces of the moment. Your job will be to lead our experimentation efforts as we define product market fit.
Location: Mountain View, CA
Position: Staff Data Scientist, Experimentation Analytics
Intuit is seeking a Staff Data Scientist to join our team in Mountain View, CA.
You will be joining a team that is building a new business within the company in one of the hottest fintech spaces of the moment. Your job will be to lead our experimentation efforts as we define product market fit. Additionally you will be responsible for building algorithms and models to underwrite new customers using one of the largest and most dynamic data sets in the industry with over 5 million customers.
The ideal candidate thrive on ambiguity and enjoy the frequent pivoting that’s part of the exploration. This role ranges from a consultative business facilitator, leading discussions, to research experimentalist to technology innovator. The individual must be comfortable partnering with those directly involved with big data infrastructure, software, and data warehousing, as well as product management driving the
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with huge data sets.
- Apply data mining, NLP and machine learning (both supervised and unsupervised) to improve our relevance and personalization algorithms
- Work side-by-side with product managers, software engineers, and designers in designing experiments and minimum viable products
- Discover data sources, get access to them, import them, clean them up, and make them “model-ready”. You need to be willing and able to do your own ETL.
- Create and refine features from the underlying data. You’ll enjoy developing just enough subject matter expertise to have an intuition about what features might make your model perform better, and then you’ll lather, rinse and repeat.
- Run regular A/B tests, gather data, perform statistical analysis, draw conclusions on the impact of your optimizations and communicate results to peers and leaders
- BS, MS, or PhD in an appropriate technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Econometrics, Operations Research).
- 6+ years experience with data science and/or software engineering.
- Expertise in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as SQL, R or Python with scikit-learn.
- Expertise in data mining algorithms and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, support vector machines, genetic algorithms, anomaly detection, recommender systems, sequential pattern discovery, and text mining.
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have experience with:
- Large-scale graph algorithms, clustering, page-rank, and community detection.
- Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, HBase, MapReduce, and Mahout.
- Apache Spark, SparkSQL, MLlib, and Scala Actors.
- Ensemble Methods, Deep Learning, and other trendy topics in the Machine Learning community.
- Insurance Industry experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of ecommerce, digital marketing and internet platform technology sectors preferable.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation.
Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.