Group Manager Data Science and Analytics [Mountain View, CA]
Intuit is seeking a Senior Business Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA. Your area of focus will encompass Intuit’s entire product line including QuickBooks, Payroll, and Payments, and you will interact with the larger analytics community at Intuit using industry-leading analytics tools, techniques and best practices.
Location: Mountain View, CA
Position: Group Manager Data Science and Analytics
Come join Intuit as a Group Manager of Analytics on the Quickbooks Online business. Quickbooks Advanced (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/accounting/advanced/) is our newest product offering and is targeted towards meeting the needs of the largest and most complex SMBs that we serve. We need an analytics leader to build out the team and provide analytical leadership for this business. The right leader for this team will be able to lead and develop a team while also rolling up their sleeves and get work done when that is what’s needed
- Recruits, leads, and develops a team of talented analysts and scientists with a focus on customer acquisition/retention as well as product analytics.
- Partners with business leaders (e.g. marketing, product, engineering, and customer success) to define business strategies, areas of investment, and critical priorities.
- Translates business and analytics strategies into multiple short-term and long-term projects, and manages end-to-end execution.
- Surfaces analytics insights that lead to decisions or better hypotheses, and evangelizes innovative analytics ideas that lead to the business better serving our customers.
- Drives analytics rigor by inspecting and experimenting methodologies, improving techniques, and creating a learning culture.
- Comfortable getting into the details and at times being hands on with things like product instrumentation and data pipelining to make sure the team is working efficiently to produce the best results for our stakeholders.
- Roles-model winning together while challenging status quo and driving changes across teams regardless of organizational structure.
- Examples of deliverables:
- Data insights to inform the future: development of KPIs, business performance diagnostics, customer behavioral analyses, self-service analytics, and etc. to drive actionable customer insights.
- Data products to transform customer experiences: personalized features, data predictions, propensity modeling, and etc. to make customer experiences more intelligent with data.
- Data capabilities to improve productivity: data roadmap with data engineering partners, continuous process improvement, tool and platform adoption, and etc. to raise data standards.
- 10+ years of analytics experience on end-to-end customer-level data
- Proven experience in building and leading a team of analysts and/or scientists
- Strong passion for uncovering strategic opportunities and solving business problems
- Proficient with SQL as well as languages like Python; understanding of software development best practices strongly preferred
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques
- Experience in data gap assessments, requirements, and data infrastructure implementation
- Experience with implementation of product tracking/instrumentation
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters in a quantitative discipline preferred
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.