Texas A&M Institute of Data Science: Staff Data Scientist [College Station, TX]
Seeking a Staff Data Scientist, to be responsible for providing support for customers in research and operations organizations to incorporate and effectively utilize Data Science in their work.
At: Texas A&M Institute of Data Science
Location: College Station, TX
Position: Staff Data Scientist
To apply for this position, candidates should submit cover letter, CV and contact information for three references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The TAMIDS Staff Data Scientist is responsible for providing support for customers in research and operations organizations to incorporate and effectively utilize Data Science in their work. Acts as a consultant. Collaborates on longer-term research and operational projects. Provides training in Data Science. Coordinates with staff in TAMIDS and partner organizations to share
knowledge and develop common solutions for Data Science problems.
Required Education and Experience: Appropriate PhD and relevant professional experience
Required Special Knowledge, Abilities, or Skills: Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Knowledge and use of advanced statistical analysis, computational methods and algorithms, data management, data mining, interactive data visualization, programming or similar software applications. Ability to research and develop and apply statistical learning models and computational methods for data analysis. Excellent written communication, analytical and organization skills.
- RESEARCH CONSULTANCY AND COLLABORATION: Provides guidance services on specific questions regarding the application and use of Data Science methods and supporting systems. Serves as the point of contact for one or more communities of researchers or operational staff at Texas A&M, as designated by the TAMIDS Director. Provides one-on-one and small group research consulting by assisting researchers and students use of Data Science methods in their problem domain, and to facilitate engagement of other students and faculty with problems from the application communities. Collaborates as investigator on longer term research and operational projects with the designated communities, including sponsored research projects
Consultancy and collaboration will entail communicating knowledge and conducting activities including: acquiring and managing data; formulating Data Scientific and Analytic problems and solution approaches; determining computing systems and other resource requirements; utilizing, developing and implementing statistical models and algorithms including state-of-theart methods; utilizing or developing software for exploring, reporting, querying and visualizing data and results; documenting process and approach for users; reporting findings and recommendations;
- TRAINING AND EDUCATION: Conducts periodic Data Science training workshops on and/or short courses for investigators including faculty, researchers, and students. Provides technical guidance to students working on projects in designated communities of interest.
- COORDINATION: Coordinates with existing campus centers/groups concerned with Data Science applications to develop common approaches. Coordinates with Texas A&M High Performance Research Computing (HPRC) concerning usage of HPRC systems within solutions. Develop shared knowledge concerning problems and approaches with other TAMIDS associates to promote efficiency and re-use of solutions. Provide community feedback to enhance TAMIDS role in providing services and expertise.
- PUBLICATIONS AND PROPOSALS: Prepares and delivers technical presentations and conference papers, e.g., arising from collaborations. Pursues opportunities for new research through proposals and partnerships with existing and potential new collaborator, external agencies and companies.
- OTHER: Other duties as assigned. Appointments will be made at one of the following levels depending on experience, with commensurate expectations of autonomy.
Postdoctoral Research Associate- 8630
Assistant Research Scientist- 8627
Associate Research Scientist- 8628
Research Scientist- 8627
Top Stories Past 30 Days