Pear Therapeutics: Data Scientist (Analytics) [San Francisco, CA, or Boston, MA]
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for shaping and delivering data-driven insights. We are looking for data scientists with a deep product sense, who have an innate curiosity, and are eager to dive into large, complex datasets and create actionable insights.
At: Pear Therapeutics
Location: San Francisco, CA, or Boston, MA
Position: Data Scientist (Analytics)
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our lead product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O™, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. For more information, visit us at www.peartherapeutics.com.
* reSET-O™ and reSET® are registered trademarks of Pear Therapeutics, Inc.
About the Team
PEAR’s Data Science team empowers key product and business stakeholders with data, predictions and insights that guide the company’s essential decision-making. PEAR’s FDA-cleared therapeutics are digital applications, and therefore we have access to an unprecedented amount of rich usage data that affords many unique opportunities to drive clinical outcomes in populations with high unmet medical need. We are looking for a data scientist with a deep product intuition, and who is curious about patient engagement in mental health treatments across indications such as substance use disorder, opioid use disorder, insomnia, schizophrenia, multiple sclerosis, and others. The ideal candidate is passionate about making a mark in the uncharted waters of digital therapeutics and can rapidly integrate new ideas across clinical, product, user behavioral, scientific and analytical domains.
- Analyze large and small datasets that include app activity, clinical assessment data, patient/support network engagement, and clinical claims streams in order to drive product development.
- Execute quantitative analysis and translate findings into actionable insights.
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas.
- Act as an integrated member of the product team, interfacing with Product (product managers, designers) and Clinical teams (clinical directors) to generate insights around user behavior that drive company objectives
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to understand their workflow, define data-oriented goals when appropriate, and provide data updates.
- Develop executive-grade reports, dashboards, and metrics to inform business insights.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses, and data extractions.
- Conduct data mining and predictive analytics to provide actionable insights at tactical and strategic levels related to product experience.
- Synthesize and present quantitative & qualitative results to teams across the organization.
- Have opportunities to coauthor publications in collaboration with our clinical team.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years applied or quantitative research experience, with project scoping, analytics, and communication of findings.
- Experience using analytical insights to inform product and design decisions in a mobile application is strongly preferred.
- Confidence when presenting results of complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences at an executive level.
- Prior experience in a mixed scientific, clinical and product environment is strongly preferred
- 1+ year of experience with advanced SQL writing for data extraction and reporting.
- Experience with Python, R, or similar data scripting tools.
- Statistical modeling (hypothesis testing, causal modeling), data mining.
- BI/Visualization tools (Periscope, Heap, Google Data Studio).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments and help evangelizing data-driven decision making
- Excellent strategic, organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Experience with medical/clinical products a plus.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing a plus.
Top Stories Past 30 Days