At: Bottomline Technologies, Inc.
Location: McLean, VA or Portsmouth, NH
Position: Data Scientist
Email Dr. Jerzy Bala, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our dynamic predictive analytics team develops and applies advanced analytics techniques and algorithms to solve problems for online payments and digital banks in the cloud environment. We are looking for data scientist programmers who are passionate about applying data analytics techniques to a variety of exciting applications for online payments and digital banks.
You will be developing software to be used for a range of machine learning and data mining techniques, including predictive modeling, anomaly detection, customer profiling and segmentation, recommendations, text analytics, and big data analytics in solving our business problems. You will take an idea from conception and experimentation to design and implementation to deployment and production. In this role, you will interact with a team of experts in Machine Learning and Data Mining.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering,
- At least 4 years of experience with major programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala,
- Experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark MLib),
- Experience in data pre-processing, Machine Learning, and data visualization,
- Experience with large relational and NoSQL databases,
- Experience in quantitative analysis and translation of findings into actionable insights,
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle (conduct data analysis and build large-scale machine-learning models/pipelines) and
- Exposure to the sate-of-the-art of data analytics products and solutions.
- Ability to prototype statistical analysis algorithms,
- Experience in coding structures for storing and processing complex, high volume, and multi-dimensional data,
- Experience in optimizing space/time tradeoffs for computationally expensive processes,
- Exposure to different Machine Learning techniques, and
- Familiar with Agile software development process.
About Bottomline Technologies:
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification program (EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer).
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.