Intuit: Sr Data Scientist, Technical Analytics [Mountain View, CA]
Come join Intuit as a Senior Technical Data Analyst, and partner closely with business and technical teams to understand their project objectives and provide data-driven solutions and recommendations.
Location: Mountain View, CA
Position: Senior Data Scientist, Technical Analytics
Come join Intuit as a Senior Technical Data Analyst.
- Partner closely with business and technical teams to understand their project objectives and provide data-driven solutions and recommendations.
- Ability to sift through large amounts of information, extract the key insights, and communicate succinctly.
- Design and develop data preparation components and processes that extract and transform data across disparate database tables by creating aggregates tables for reporting and analytics, ensuring integrity of analysis data by developing the requirement specifications and assisting the development and testing of data tables.
- Apply existing data mining techniques – descriptive and predictive modeling tools, and methodologies and/or design new data mining algorithms to drive solutions.
- Partner directly with the product development team on product instrumentation, product flow and data capture.
- Ensures solutions are scalable, repeatable, efficient and effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field - Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related fields; Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis.
- Database experience with advanced SQL skills; experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets; Hadoop experience a plus.
- Proficient in analytical and modelling tools, such as Python, R or SAS
- Experience in CRM and Marketing Automation Tools (eg. Eloqua, salesforce )
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Experience with A/B test and experimental design
- Willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking and problem-solving skills are absolute musts.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to get things done.
- Outstanding team player with a customer-back mindset.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation.
Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.